vacations

Luis G

<i><b>Problemator</b></i>
Staff member
greenfreak said:
How come? The waves don't look too bad.

Great pics, all of them. Looks like you had a good time! :)

The only pic of Playa Azul is the first one, trust me, the waves are bad. There was always like 5 ways coming, and the farest wave kinda ate the nearest ones, there are also too much water currents in there, on certain spots where you would see the sea calmed, you'd suddenly see a water column going up like 5m because two currents crashed over there, the sound of it is really impressive.

And yes, i had a GREAT time :headbang:

greenfreak

I would think surfers would be all over that kind of action. On a good day, the waves coming off the ocean here are pitiful and they're out there every day no matter what.

Luis G

Staff member
I know that there about 20km away from Playa Azul there's a place where professional surfers from all around the world come and compete, i don't know the name of it thou.

I'm a coward and i only got my feet wet in Playa Azul, and still, a wave that was "leaving" the floor was taking me with it. :D

greenfreak

I read a book about this guy from Long Island who went traveling all over the place, surfing. He spoke in detail about the waves in Mexico and the beaches where the best waves were also had tons of rocks just underneath out of view and how only the die-hard surfers would dare it because you could kill yourself if you get rolled by a wave. :eek:

Luis G

Staff member
Yeah, many beaches have rock formations and some other have causeways (reefs??).

I don't fear rocks as much as i fear currents, i've heard some very freaky stories about being catched by water currents, one of them is that there are some currents that go right on your feet, you can't see them, and sometimes those grabs you and take you out 2km away from where you are (obviously dead). :shivers:

If my feet are not on the ground, then i don't go further :D