Vacuum Sealing!

Gato_Solo

Out-freaking-standing OTC member
It stops itself automatically. I can't adjust the time it spends sucking... it's supposed to do that automatically. It makes a noise while it's sucking, then the noise gets audibly higher-pitched, sort of like how fan blades spin a lot faster if you cut off the air source, and after a second or so of that it seals it off.

Sounds like its not sealing properly, then. First, check the heating element for the sealer. If there's any plastic stuck to it...and I mean any, that would keep it from sealing well. If that's not the problem, then you have only one more option. Double seal, and see if that works...

unclehobart

You don't get freezer burn if you buy fresh and eat it within three days.

I don't like freezer meat by and large. It does that certain something to the flavor.

Inkara1

Sounds like its not sealing properly, then. First, check the heating element for the sealer. If there's any plastic stuck to it...and I mean any, that would keep it from sealing well. If that's not the problem, then you have only one more option. Double seal, and see if that works...

It's been that way since it was brand new.

I found that going to Carl's Jr. or Taco Bell every night takes care of the whole having to freeze meat thing. ;)

catman

Vacuum sealing sounds like it's far too technical for you'se folks. Your descriptions remind me of a fat lady in a tube top and spandex pants. Kinda like a can of biscuits that popped open.

unclehobart

I just vaccum seal my whole fridge... right after I pump out all of the oxygen and fill it with an inert gas. Getting the pressure really low is a fun way to tease your friends since it would take a mack truck to open it after you drop it a few PSI.

Get yourself a beer...*snicker*

Inkara1

My parents' fridge is almost that bad. If you open the freezer up, get something out of it and close the freezer door, you can see the fridge door come out a fraction of an inch and then get sucked back in. When that happens, you have to almost brace one arm against the wall and use your other hand to pull it open. Grandmama has the same (or similar... same Maytag brand) fridge and it does the same thing, and it's a little harder for an 84-year-old woman to open the fridge when it does that.

It is exceptionally energy-efficient though.

chcr

Too cute for words
Vacuum sealing sounds like it's far too technical for you'se folks. Your descriptions remind me of a fat lady in a tube top and spandex pants. Kinda like a can of biscuits that popped open.

Why do you hate fat people?

catman

Don't want to start an argument with obese, large, fluffy, huge, bodacious, behemuth, or otherwise FAT panjandrums that are lazy, take up too much room and are otherwise gluttonous in all respects.

chcr

Too cute for words
Don't want to start an argument with obese, large, fluffy, huge, bodacious, behemuth, or otherwise FAT panjandrums that are lazy, take up too much room and are otherwise gluttonous in all respects.

You didn't even have to duck for that to miss you, huh? :lol:

...whoosh...