Video games

greenfreak

ekahs retsam said:
Joel needs a life. If you are that anal about a tiny image messing with your bandwidth it is time to change providers! :D
Maybe you'll understand when you have a website and routinely find people directly linking to your images all the time. It happens to me all the time and I have to do the same as this guy did. I'm looking into setting up restrictions so only certain websites can link directly. Really, although it seems harmless to you, it's not a little problem. I'm over half my limit for monthly bandwidth, add in a few people who make my images their wallpaper on their site or their avatars, and it becomes a problem.

That said, I've been guilty of it too in the past and I'm trying to curb that habit. :)

FYI putting (All content herein is copyright © 2004 Joel Yliluoma - unauthorized republishing prohibited.) does not mean the image is copyrighted as the character and likeness do not belong to you. So if you want to be dumbass and change it fine...
I don't know what pic you're talking about but you don't even need to put a copyright insignia on a photograph to ensure it's copyrighted. It's copyrighted to you the minute it's "written" to a media. Memory card, negative, whatever.

If he's claiming that an image of a video game is his copyright though, I agree with you.

BeardofPants

Lopan said:
Did you ever play Sam and max? It twas the sequel to day of the tentacle, tres funny.

sidebar_comicography.gif

and did you have an Amiga?

Yep, I've played S & M twice - great game. Didn't have an amiga - but the BF did.

Lopan

for some reason my copy of monkey island won't work on scumm vm. Slightly gutting and I cant find Sam and Max anywhere. Pants double pants I tell thee.

Gato_Solo

Out-freaking-standing OTC member
BeardofPants said:
Yep, I've played S & M twice - great game. Didn't have an amiga - but the BF did.

I never thought of S & M as a game...Isn't it more of a lifestyle choice? :lol2:

freako104

Gato_Solo said:
I never thought of S & M as a game...Isn't it more of a lifestyle choice? :lol2:

Why yes.. Yes it is :D

My friend Tom was a big fan of Sam and Max but I never tried it

chcr

Too cute for words
greenfreak said:
I don't know what pic you're talking about but you don't even need to put a copyright insignia on a photograph to ensure it's copyrighted. It's copyrighted to you the minute it's "written" to a media. Memory card, negative, whatever.

Absolutely correct. I have any number of copyrighted songs, but technically they're copyrighted as soon as you play them. The piece of paper is just insurance.

PT

Off 'Motherfuckin' Topic Elite
Hard Hat Mack on an Apple IIe. I actually found that game recently written for the PC, but it won't run. It starts goes to some kind of splash screen and then everything goes WAY too fast to actually play. I'm actually missing my old 200mhz K6.

Gato_Solo

Out-freaking-standing OTC member
PT said:
Hard Hat Mack on an Apple IIe. I actually found that game recently written for the PC, but it won't run. It starts goes to some kind of splash screen and then everything goes WAY too fast to actually play. I'm actually missing my old 200mhz K6.

Check the bargain bins at your local computer retailer...the recycle bins at your local computer parts store, and magazines like computer shopper. I'm not 100% sure how slow you need to go, but they can get you started on building your new system...;)...:p

Lopan

PT said:

If you play it through an emulator you need to slow down the screen refresh rate within the emulator. Have you tried changing the compatability?

HomeLAN

PT said:

Ah, yes. The entire reason I go out of my way to keep a functional Pentium 90 in the house. You can use an emulator, but IMO, it isn't really the same deal in a lot of cases.

BeardofPants

Lopan said:
for some reason my copy of monkey island won't work on scumm vm. Slightly gutting and I cant find Sam and Max anywhere. Pants double pants I tell thee.
:hmm: Really? Mine works fine. :confused:

Lopan

It won't find the game. It is curse of monkey island though, maybe thats why. I can't seem to find just monkey island. Its usually packaged with other stuff.