VMA '03

tonksy

CydCharisse said:
come to think of it, very few artists that I know of sound good or even decent live
you know who is good live? aerosmith. stephen tyler may be a fruitcake but he has a hell of a voice.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
CydCharisse said:
come to think of it, very few artists that I know of sound good or even decent live

That's because [old man mode] Back in my day they knew how to make music, it had syncopation, dirty lyrics & killer guitar, not this electronic boogie oogie oogie dance crap they have nowdays[/old mans voice]. :D

BTW, Steven is not a fruitcake...a big lipped goof, maybe

Aunty Em

Oh man, I was watching the auditions for Pop Idol last night... it was painful... some of those kids shouldn't be let out of their cages and whoever told them they could sing and have talent needs shooting!

peterska2

Aunty Em said:
Oh man, I was watching the auditions for Pop Idol last night... it was painful... some of those kids shouldn't be let out of their cages and whoever told them they could sing and have talent needs shooting!

I've not watched and am not planning on watching after the crap that is poured out of these type of shows.

Look at what we ended up with from the last pop idol and from pop stars.

Terrible

Aunty Em

peterska2 said:
I've not watched and am not planning on watching after the crap that is poured out of these type of shows.

Look at what we ended up with from the last pop idol and from pop stars.

Terrible

I didn't intend to either but I caught a glimpse while flicking through the channels and stopped to take a longer look... It just confirmed why I don't bother to watch it. Fame Academy is just as bad...

Why do the tv companies all have to jump on the bandwagon and do an idea to death... haven't they got any original ideas of their own for gods sake! So called reality shows are anything but and a total waste of money if you ask me! :rolleyes:

Oz

I didn't intend to either but I caught a glimpse while flicking through the channels and stopped to take a longer look... It just confirmed why I don't bother to watch it. Fame Academy is just as bad...

Gotta admit........I do watch fame academy :D I don't really give a flying wotsit who wins but there is a girl competing called Alex and she has an amazing voice :)

Pop Idol just bores the hell out of me..........seen one teenager sing Wind Beneath my Wings and yer've seen 'em all :eh:

[crap joke]Last years winner of Pop Idol was due to be sentenced in court last week. The Judge released him with only a small fine. When asked why he was so lenient with his judgement the judge repleid.

"Gareth may well have gone to jail for his misdemeanors.......However, I was doubtfull that he would ever finish a sentence[/crap joke]

tonksy

we have different but strikingly similar reality shows. some of which i am hardcore addicted to (ie. bachelor, big brother, and fame).
i love to see what real people do in situations. always interesting. our fame is hosted by debi allen and joey whoever from that boy band. debi allen is a famous choreographer and she busts these peoples asses all day. she makes them into talent. harlemm was the winner of ours and he is the shiznak! i will be looking for his cd. too much talent.
american idol is nothing without simon cowell being a prick for sake of purpose.

Shadowfax

<b>mod cow</b>
BCD said:
Coldplay's performance was the only high point of the show.

:headbang:

madonna's move to the two girlies was nice, just to show the rest of the US that she owns them bigtime...:D

*mumbles 'like a virgin'*

peterska2

Shadowfax said:
:headbang:

madonna's move to the two girlies was nice, just to show the rest of the US that she owns them bigtime...:D

*mumbles 'like a virgin'*

I think you are absolutely correct there

IDLEchild

Aunty Em said:
So called reality shows are anything but and a total waste of money if you ask me! :rolleyes:

That's the point..they aren't a waste of money but the exact opposite. Reality shows are horribly money efficient..one big step working in their favor. Other is that normal public loves them even if everyone you hear talks low of them. Reality shows bring in the cash, lots and lots of it. The networks don't have to pay any ego driven actors huge sums of money and in return they get huge ratings for very little effort.

Reality shows are sweat shops of the TV world. They produce mass loved, cheap programming for very little.

IDLEchild

peterska2 said:
I think we should all boycott them

You can't. People love them too much. They wouldn't be on if they weren't wanted. They get ratings because people tune in to them.

IDLEchild

peterska2 said:
but if dont watch them and get others to not watch them then it might take off

Yeah, just like boycotting drugs and CD sales...that has really worked out well.