W2K SP3

fury

Administrator
Staff member
Installed it on my dad's K6-2 400 and it hasn't broken yet (and my dad's K6-2 400 would be the FIRST computer to break if a service pack was buggy), so looks like it's good to go

Luis G

<i><b>Problemator</b></i>
Staff member
PT, i'll post pics of the firewall stuff when i switch to win2k, maybe tomorrow.

PT

Off 'Motherfuckin' Topic Elite
Luis G said:
PT, i'll post pics of the firewall stuff when i switch to win2k, maybe tomorrow.

Ok thanks. I've looked through all the settings, I just don't see it on my machine. It is Win2kPro, would that make a difference?

Luis G

Staff member
i'm using win2kpro with sp3, the firewall settings are the same as those found in XP (not 100% sure)
i remember it allows to block TCP and UDP ports.

Luis G

Staff member
k, i'm too lazy to take the shots and post em, but here's how to get to the firewall.

open properties of your inet connection, then go to TCP/IP properties, advanced, options and then "TCP/IP filtering"

(the names of the tabs/buttons might be differ because i have win2k in spanish)

ris

i ran it when i first installed win2000 here a couple of months back. i had some crashes, some wierd instabilitites, mostly modem-based. on the suggestion of a hwc member i dropped back to sp2 and most of my probs have gone. the main thing was it seemed to exascerbate [sp] my modem instability so that rather than hanging my comp would hard lock instead. phricking marvellous rolleyes