War on Terror

for the love of all that is good. STOP the name calling and inuendous, or i will be forced to stop them for you.
And everyone knows that ALL news broadcast should be taken with a grain of salt. Its self propagating rhetoric from self absorbed wanna be tv stars. real news died when cronkite left the stage.

catocom said:
It was the only big pic/story (Miers) earlier today...as it was breaking,
and for at least 3 hours after that I know.
They change the site more that a couple of times a day. :rolleyes:

It's called damage control and Fox is very good at it.

rrfield said:
It's called damage control and Fox is very good at it.

I dare say that almost all news in this country has some talent in that. They present stories differently. There is and probably always will be some bias in the media

Damage control? Bushs own party members wailed against his pick. It's not like Teddy ran her off.

The need for damage control isn't really important. It could be because he ran over his neighbors cat. This makes Bush look bad, period. Better put up a picture of him hugging someone in need!

Gonz said:
The drop your boring & apparently unfounded accusations.
I think I'll keep them up since they're well founded. Go order someone else around.

Gonz said:
Damage control? Bushs own party members wailed against his pick. It's not like Teddy ran her off.
Yeah, looks even worse when his own party is against him.

It's going to be so much more fun with the next pick. I hope GW grows some balls & decides that a well qualifed constitutionalist is worth a fighting for.

Liberal Media Bias, Anyone?

The following photo was in a story that said Condi couldn't rule out U.S. forces being in Iraq for the next 10 years.

In the liberal media's continuing attempts to spread hatred of the Bush Admin to the masses USA Today published this photo of Condi:

condi.jpg

Editor's note: The photo of Condoleezza Rice that originally accompanied this story was altered in a manner that did not meet USA TODAY's editorial standards. The photo has been replaced by a properly adjusted copy. Photos published online are routinely cropped for size and adjusted for brightness and sharpness to optimize their appearance. In this case, after sharpening the photo for clarity, the editor brightened a portion of Rice's face, giving her eyes an unnatural appearance. This resulted in a distortion of the original not in keeping with our editorial standards.

realcondi.jpg

"Brightened a portion of Rice's face...."

:rolleyes:

If by 'a portion of Rice's face' they meant they brightened her eyes to make her look like a posessed ghoul---then yeah, they sure did a little brightening.

Funny how people bitch about how we've never had a woman president and never had a minority president... so her election would kill two birds with one stone and the same people who bitched about us never having had a woman or minority president would bitch still.

BeardofPants said:
Unfortunately, you don't need to photoshop her for her to looked like a possessed ghoul. :shrug:

True, but she's still easily the most intelligent person in this administration. Probably why she looks that way.

Inkara1 said:
Funny how people bitch about how we've never had a woman president and never had a minority president... so her election would kill two birds with one stone and the same people who bitched about us never having had a woman or minority president would bitch still.

She's a leader, not a follower. That makes dem white folks nervous ;)

BeardofPants said:
Unfortunately, you don't need to photoshop her for her to looked like a possessed ghoul. :shrug:

What?!? When she smiles, she's quite a looker. ;)

gal.rice.95.teaching.su.jpg

Here, too...

The problem is that the press doesn't like her when she's smiling, because that means everything is okay. :shrug: No news is good news...

Back