we got rearended...

Inkara1

My Neon had pretty decent trunk space for a small car... but a speaker box with two 12" subwoofers took care of that in short order. Now if I ever get a flat tire, getting the spare out from under the subs is going to be a bitch. But that's not the important thing. The important thing is I've got bass. :D

unclehobart

As Tonks mentioned in her lasik thread... we now have a new(er) car.

2002 Lexus ES 300 blue exterior, black interior. I'm almost freaked out by all of the bells and whistles it has considering that my old truck had very little. It is... cushy, tight, and gets better mileage. Sweet.

Inkara1

So, as I'd asked before... would you be able to keep the truck, too? You should still be able to go get plywood in it and stuff.

unclehobart

Inkara1 said:
So, as I'd asked before... would you be able to keep the truck, too? You should still be able to go get plywood in it and stuff.
I don't rightly know as all of the insurance companies have evaporated as of last friday. I think the recent skiff of ice storms this last weekend have all of the claims reps bouncing like little rubber balls. I'm thinking that I don't want to salvage title the truck as it would have to be hacksawed and left in an ugly state. I can't hide it in the garage so the hoity neighbors would complain. Its emissions numbers have been slowly decaying and there will come a point that it wont pass anymore without a few serious tweaks. It's time to let go.

Inkara1

Ah well... they probably think a Lexus of the current body style is more becoming of the neighborhood anyway.

tonksy

Leslie said:
they need chocolate chip cookies back there :devious:
black leather interior is just about impervious to chocolate chip cookie :D
prof? i don't think they'd want to jump around back there...might set off the rear curtain air bags. ;)

unclehobart

pics will be forthcoming... right now I am bouncing all over trying to call everyone and make sure that were on the right page. The car is now on the insurance, the ball is now rolling with state farm, the contractor is coming over in an hour, I need to scamp off to return the rental, we just found the title, I still need to get back with USAA and call Lexus to list me as the owner and send me warranty stuff.

the bank... financing... house is a wreck... ugh... *coffee*