Weird kid names

JTP

"Personally hate my name... Claire... it can't be shortened for a term of affection!!! I think that's important".-
Clarabella

Don't hate your name, "Clear Bell"

Professur

Personally, naming your kids something stupid is a sign of a sick mentality, but what really binds my shorts is the ignoramuses that insist on misspelling a name to make it 'unique'. Yeah, good play, you fucking turd. Not only will their airline and hotel reservations always be under the wrong name, they're going to have to spell it each and every time they ever have to undergo a computer check. Way to go.

Inkara1

Autumn, Summer... (but never Winter? Why?)

I went to high school with a girl named Winter.

Personally, naming your kids something stupid is a sign of a sick mentality, but what really binds my shorts is the ignoramuses that insist on misspelling a name to make it 'unique'. Yeah, good play, you fucking turd. Not only will their airline and hotel reservations always be under the wrong name, they're going to have to spell it each and every time they ever have to undergo a computer check. Way to go.

It makes my job harder working in the newspaper industry, too. I always have to ask spellings.

I also still have issues from everyone automatically spelling my name "Erin." THAT IS THE FUCKING GIRLS' SPELLING. The worst was then the Boy Scouts did it on a certificate I received. Thing is, my name is spelled the way it's most commonly spelled, but no one can spell it right to save their lives. A huge percentage of the e-mails I get at work have my name spelled "Arron," even though my name is spelled correctly at the start of every article I write that is printed in the paper and is spelled correctly under every photo I take that is printed.

ClarabellaUK

"Personally hate my name... Claire... it can't be shortened for a term of affection!!! I think that's important".-
Clarabella

Don't hate your name, "Clear Bell"

I wish my name were the only thing I hated bout me!!! :mope:

Oh... that reminds me I'll PM ya about quoting... its real easy when you know how! ;)

MrBishop

Luna Rose is a beautiful name. Knew a senorita once named "Perla Luna"- Pearl Moon. Beautiful name for a beautiful woman.
It's a two parter. My wife chose "Luna" - which is a fairly well known name in Spain, where she's from. "Rose" came from my maternal grandmother - a lovely woman with a great heart.

That they work together so well is a plus :D

Inkara1

I suppose I could link to my myspace page (since it's not private so people can actually see what's on it).

JTP

That dog won't hunt. Even the simplest names have to be spelled out. Thanks to the Jonathans of the world, we "Johns" have to tell hotel clerks "it's with the H"; and my sister has had the silent "E" tacked onto her name and fucked up officious paperwork more times than she can count.

MrBishop

My wife's full name gets mangled by telemarketers in both official languages 100% of the time..unless they give her my family name - in which case, they can pronounce it, but get nowhere past that. "My husband's mother doesn't live here." followed by a click is as far as they get :D

Altron

my last name has an "ou" in it, which is pronounced like "o", and people ALWAYS mess it up.

Professur

That dog won't hunt. Even the simplest names have to be spelled out. Thanks to the Jonathans of the world, we "Johns" have to tell hotel clerks "it's with the H"; and my sister has had the silent "E" tacked onto her name and fucked up officious paperwork more times than she can count.

I've never had to spell it for English speakers, and maybe for one in five Francos.

chcr

Too cute for words
I have a neighbor named "Sunshine." Pathetic name for a grown woman IMO.

The one person I've known in my life who was most justified in hating his parents though, is Bob Duck. He goes by his middle name because those reprehensible folks named him "Donald." I also know a guy named Russ Kuhl who's wife would not let him name his first son Joe, so it seems that sometimes sanity does prevail.

JTP

I have a neighbor named "Sunshine." Pathetic name for a grown woman IMO.

The one person I've known in my life who was most justified in hating his parents though, is Bob Duck. He goes by his middle name because those reprehensible folks named him "Donald." I also know a guy named Russ Kuhl who's wife would not let him name his first son Joe, so it seems that sometimes sanity does prevail.

I've got a cousin named "Ida Clair". She likes it. Good sense of humor, that gal.

Inkara1

A woman my dad used to work with is named Anita Shower. She has a side business as "Miss Etiquette," teaching proper etiquette.

JTP

Have a friend from child hood named "Dick." Of course he was "Don't be a..." throughout jr. high and high school. It doesn't have to be a weird name, but it helps. If I'd ever had one of my own I would've named him "Stan."

"Stan da Man!" Even that gets old after hearing it 1000 times, ask any Stanley. :eh:

tonksy

In re the spelling. I chose to spell my youngest name in the old english- Malory as in Sir Thomas Malory. The man spelled his name with one L.
Nowadays folks have added an extra L (and not just to the girl's name but to Sir Thomas' as well). Thank you, Family Ties.

MrBishop

I was talking about this at lunch with some coworkers. One woman said her name was easy.

I wondered aloud if that was her first name, her middle name or a nickname from High School...

normally quick on the retort, it took her a few seconds before ... "Hey!!"
:rofl: