What course of action would you favor?

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
Truth matters, not from where it is presented, but by the content within.

Winky

chcr said:
Sorry, truth is a philisophical construct. Facts matter though.

spoken like a true... LIBERAL!

just the fax ma'am just the fax

det_friday.jpg

MrBishop

Gato_Solo said:
You seem to have this idea in your head that a nuke is only for wiping out large tracts of cities. This is a common mistake. There are nuclear weapons that wouldn't damage more than one city block...including fallout.
These exist, but would they be considered sufficient warning in retalliation for a dirty bomb in NYC for example? I somehow don't think so.

As for all countries banding together to nuke a particular country... that'd mean that there was a firm proof that this country was the source of the bomb. Otherwise, more than one country might be nuked by a participant. Let's say that it was Iran that actually did it. A few countries nuke Iran but..India nukes Pakistan stating that they had proof that it was Pakistan rebels that did the dirty deed. Someone nukes Syria....North Korea gets jittery thinking that they'll get blamed and fires off a few nukes of its own.

As Albert Einstein once said...I don't know how WWIII will be fought, but WWIV will be fought with sticks and stones.

chcr

Too cute for words
Winky said:
spoken like a true... LIBERAL!

just the fax ma'am just the fax

det_friday.jpg

Example: God exists. True or False? This answer depends entirely on your point of view, but try to convince a believer of the "truth." Truth is a philosophical construct. This has been understood in philosophy for thousands of years, I didn't just make it up. :shrug:

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
MrBishop said:
These exist, but would they be considered sufficient warning in retalliation for a dirty bomb in NYC for example? I somehow don't think so.

I'm reasonably certian that if th eal qaeda gang woke up on Tuesday morning & Medina was suddelny & strangley void of life, yea, it woul dsend a message. Especially when all the New Jersey trailer trash we convoying their way there with pickup trucks full of mismatched furniture.

[note]This is only a humorous attempt at making a point & not a slam against your aunt Betty who has mismatched furniture & lives in Wind WIllows Retirement Manufactured Housing Community.

chcr

Too cute for words
Gonz said:
I'm reasonably certian that if th eal qaeda gang woke up on Tuesday morning & Medina was suddelny & strangley void of life, yea, it woul dsend a message. Especially when all the New Jersey trailer trash we convoying their way there with pickup trucks full of mismatched furniture.

[note]This is only a humorous attempt at making a point & not a slam against your aunt Betty who has mismatched furniture & lives in Wind WIllows Retirement Manufactured Housing Community.
How do you know Aunt Betty? :lloyd:

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
She was wandering Main St wearing her stretchy pink fuck me pants & yelling I'll bllow you for a dollar. ANd, well, I was drunk.

:blow:

chcr

Too cute for words
Gonz said:
She was wandering Main St wearing her stretchy pink fuck me pants & yelling I'll bllow you for a dollar. ANd, well, I was drunk.

:blow:
If she likes you, she'll take her teeth out. :alienhuh:

MrBishop

Gonz said:
If merely having enough nukes to effectivly wipe out all life on earth dozens of times over didn't put the fear of God into al quaida enough to stop 9/11...then nuking Medina wouldn't either. *Although you'd surely piss off a lot of Saudis.

Terrorists don't claim allegiance with any particular nation. They're multinational... kinda like cockroaches. They don't get scared off by people with bigger feet.

Winky

so the premise of this thread is how we will
respond when WE GET NUKED

I'm certain that 9-11 caused our Commander-in Chief
to invade two raghead countries and bring freedom to millions

what will billary do when three square miles of Manhattan
is a smokin' hole in the ground?

send coffee anon over there to chastise them?

Hogg and Bish's comments are going to look bad the day I dredge
this thread up before the radioactivity has had a chance to disperse

half a million dead Americans will not be avenged by a patty-cake response

Gato_Solo

Out-freaking-standing OTC member
MrBishop said:
If merely having enough nukes to effectivly wipe out all life on earth dozens of times over didn't put the fear of God into al quaida enough to stop 9/11...then nuking Medina wouldn't either. *Although you'd surely piss off a lot of Saudis.

Umm...that's because they know we won't use them. If we just said, "Fuck it", and blew up their shrine, then they'd know differently.

MrBishop said:
Terrorists don't claim allegiance with any particular nation. They're multinational... kinda like cockroaches. They don't get scared off by people with bigger feet.

But they do have allegiances with particular ideals and symbols. Attack those symbols...ruthlessly...and the cockroaches can be stepped upon at liesure.

catocom

Winky said:
what will billary do when three square miles of Manhattan
is a smokin' hole in the ground?
The bigger question there would be how'd she survive that shit. :lol2:

Gato_Solo

Out-freaking-standing OTC member
Bobby Hogg said:
The scorched earth policy hasn't worked for Israel, so I don't see why it would work in this instance.

Because the Israeli's haven't used the scorched-earth policy. You still don't have a total grasp on what I'm saying...

BH said:
But I don't see how this works. The terrorists who carry out these attacks are often dead. What good is trying to intimidate them then?

Not all of them. Just the lackeys.

BH said:
I don't see why I should be blown up in my street for something I have no control over: terrorists committing atrocities, saying they do it in my name. Just as your average American citizen has no control over what his government does (in a real sense), blowing him up is fruitless.

But you do have some control over what you permit to go on in your neighborhood on a personal level. Whether you choose to become 'involved' or not comes to mind...

BH said:
All I see when you try to employ a policy of violent reprisal is an escalating cycle of violence with no end in sight.

Depends upon the size of the reprisal. Once again, you don't quite grasp what I'm saying.

BH said:
This is not to say that I don't think terrorists or their leaders should be dealt with, if the opportunity arises. They must be.

Taking out the leaders, while a good start, won't end it, either. If we'd done that starting with Munich in 1972, we wouldn't have much of this now...

BH said:
They're also corrupt, brutal and undemocratic.

So are most of the countries on this world. The only thing that differs is the amount of corruption, brutality, and representation.

MrBishop

Winky said:
Hogg and Bish's comments are going to look bad the day I dredge
this thread up before the radioactivity has had a chance to disperse

half a million dead Americans will not be avenged by a patty-cake response
psst....
me said:
Now...if a dirty bomb went off in a major metropolitan in North America (or even in Europe) and it was traced back to a particular country or political group... despite anything that any OTCer might say...I can very well see that country being wiped from the map.

MrBishop

Now... herre's a question for you, Winky.

What if it was Toronto, Canada that got dirty-bombed? Or San Sebastien, Spain, or Toulousse, France or Athens, Greece or London, England?

Would your country's reaction be the same? You still have a country/group who used a WMD to kill many people and who need to be taught a lesson.