What do you NOT want to hear at 5:30AM?

Leslie

Communistrator
Staff member
Q said:
We had a sump pump in our basement when I was a kid. I was just terrified of that sump pump hole.:eek6:
:yell:

me TOO! I knew that that was actually a tunnel to the underworld :eek5:

Q

Exactly!!! Also that thing had the ability to suck you into it from several feet away.

Leslie

Communistrator
Staff member
yeah! :yell:

and, if your foot ever got pulled into it...it'd either be eaten, or NEVER NEVER NEVER be able to be freed...you'd be trapped there FOREVER!

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
Inkara1 said:
What kind of receiver was it you lost?

Fortunately it was our old unit. Sansui SX 700. Nothing special but it beat the crap out of computer speakers, :shrug:

Mirlyn

Leslie said:
yeah! :yell:

and, if your foot ever got pulled into it...it'd either be eaten, or NEVER NEVER NEVER be able to be freed...you'd be trapped there FOREVER!
fooooorrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrevvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvverrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr..................

:D

Q

Go ahead an laugh, all you nonbelievers. Me and Les know. Those damn things are a menace to children. They're evil and unpredictable....I bet they even sneak upstairs at night and snoop around. :hmm:

unclehobart

My basement flooded last night as well. My roomie caught it just as it was starting to cause a problem. 3 hours of wetvac action later... and the apocalypse was averted. I spent 2 hours shoveling the front section of the house to an appropriate drainage grade.

HomeLAN

And mine flooded this afternoon. Not surprised, since the rain was, at one time, blowing completely sideways, at about 3 inches an hour.

So, the dehumidifier is now ON in my basement. It stopped 14 inches in front of my machine, thank God.

HomeLAN

Under the door, as usual when it floods down here. The drain didn't back up this time, just too much water and not enough pipe.

Ah, well. I'm off to play D2 for an hour or so...

Inkara1

I don't have to worry about my basement flooding... of course, my apartment is probably smaller than all your basements... :(

BlurOfSerenity

we;ve got a sump pump.
we used to have a diff one, once, but it burned out, and made the whole house smell bad.,.. like burnign rubber :(

Aunty Em

Most modern houses over here don't have basements fortunately, otherwise I would have been flooded out frequently... it's the damn hill I live on, when it rains hard the little drain at the back of the block can't cope and we get water in the stairwell and it comes in under my garden door too.