What is yer "threshold" of age preferrence fo r a mate?

75renegade

Laughin' at myself a bit, with this ?, but when I was younger, I fantasized about the whole "older-woman" concept..............who knows, probably some mispalced attempt to replace the matriarcle figure or somethin'.............

But married a girl four years older, who, after discoverin' she was too "impatient" to continue entertainin' a less 'controlable'/stubborn mofo as me, I swore an oath to myself (after she divorced me), that I'd never go back down "that" road again.

..........so, after that storm passed, I hung out with some twenty-three y/o girls, helped me reailize that I also didn't have the patience anymore to go down that road either.

Finally, I met my soulmate who happened to be younger but equally prepared to deal with this old man!

Her insite superceeds mine, in most cases, but we connect so perfectly, an' I'm so lookin' forward to bein' her encourager for the rest of r lives! She's awesome!!:headbang:

For what its worth, had a friend of old whose wife of choice was 20 yrs. older than he. Hope all is still workin' well with them!

Was jus' wonderin' what yer experience has been with the diversity yer lover's own experience compared to yer own, an' how it fits, or doesn't..........:)

Ardsgaine

Jan is five years younger than me. We've bumped into the age difference a few times. Mostly because she moved straight out of her mom's house and in with me, and then married me, all when she was 19. It wasn't the difference in ages so much as how young she was when we married.

Vortex

Um, I'm still a bit of a kiddy, but in the past, the greatest age difference would have been 4 years :)

unclehobart

It really depends upon the person. I figure the bottom will always be 18 and the upper end a decade beyond me. It just depends upon the whole 'mesh and compatibility' thing. If you mesh like hand in glove there is no such thing as age.

HomeLAN

Depends on the individual. Calendar age doesn't necessarily equate to maturity (although it's a good bet).

I was always a believer in the ten year rule, but with a floor of 18.

PT

Off 'Motherfuckin' Topic Elite
My first wife was six years older. I can't say that it had everything to do with our problems, but it certainly contributed. My current wife is a year older, it's better to stay within 5, you will have much more to talk about in relation to your past.

AlladinSane

I'm currently datin a 19 y/o. 12 years less than myself. I've dated woman 5-6 years older in the past. Need I say more? I would prefer someone of my age though...

unclehobart

You have a large age gulf so long as both sides are willing to learn from the other and embrace some of their ideology as their own. If they try to remain static pillars in their own world... it is stale and faltering from the start. The 50s are dead. The days when the wife ranks less than the family dog and the friday night bowling team is dead. Its an even par paring these days or its toast.

Squiggy

ThunderDick
Yeah but its a tuff nut for those of us who had to make the transition...two different worlds..

:headbang:

unclehobart

Its doable so long as both sides are willing to try equally hard. Its a real pain when one side has to diminish themselves away from their true self to try and meld with their mate ... but that would make them a ghost and ultimately depressed and adrift. I'm not saying that some people don't have a tremendous capacity to do so... and sometimes theyre actively seeking to diminish their old persona if its a bad one. There just has to be some measure of constant curiosity and growth or it stalls and dies.

freako104

although my ex was 6 years younger, i prefer a woman whos older than me. but around my age. maybe 24-25

Inkara1

I'm 21, my wife's 19 but was 18 when we married. The age limit depends on what I'd be seeking in the relationship. If it were nothing more than a booty call, then the limit would probably be about as young as I could get away with up into the 30s or so. For a relationship that's more than that, she'd have to be closer in age to me. I think Brandi's about as young as I would go for that, and we've run into a couple problems here and there because of her age and lack of experience in having to help support herself.

dan

i've officially gone off kids.

an absolute bare minimum is first year at uni, and that's a bare minimum. going out with these schoolgirl types doesn't work for me anymore.

so, 18 (that's 5 years younger) as a hard minimum... it'd be older if i wasn't at uni. the social situation kinda allows that age...

and i don't really want anyone who's not a fun loving student at the moment, which sorta tops things off at early 20's really...

75renegade

I notice quite a few guys indicating a preferrence towards older women.

Would ya care to elaberate "why" that is/has been yer preferrence?

freako104

my own personal reason is because of several things
1. when i was 18 i lost my V to a 20 year old and she knew what she was doing since then ive had it in my head that older means they a re more experienced
2.id like stability and i find it in older women than younger. still want to have fun but more likely to want to think about they future.
3. more sense of self. less likely(not totally but much less likely) to be manipulated or influenced more of their own person
4. younger women may not know what they want as opposed to an older woman.