What is yer "threshold" of age preferrence fo r a mate?

Professur

I never had a chance to consider it. I fell for the missus when we were both in primary school. There's a little over a year between us.

Ardsgaine

No way!! You guys have been together that long?? That's incredible! I'm so impressed. There's definitely a romance about having known and loved a woman since she was a child, growing up together and all that. Some might say that you miss out by not having a variety of experiences with different women, but I think it must add a depth of experience that more than compensates.

Professur

We broke up and got back together several times before finally accepting the obvious. And we didn't start dating until puberty.

fury

Administrator
Staff member
I'm not real picky. I might date someone up to 5-6 years older or up to 1-2 years younger. (at the age of 17, it's really difficult to have a large "younger" threshold)

When I grow up I might accept a larger range. But right now it's pretty much limited to those who weren't quite old enough to remember watching the original Star Wars for the first time. :D

Ardsgaine

fury said:
When I grow up I might accept a larger range. But right now it's pretty much limited to those who weren't quite old enough to remember watching the original Star Wars for the first time.

Oh... well, that lets me out...

:(

Stkshft

d00d my parents are 16 years apart.....please someone try to beat that one....yea so i don't see age being a problem really when it comes to relationships.

----stkshft----

Aunty Em

Personally I find people my own age or older dead boring, for some reason when most people hit 40 they get all serious. I don't see why you can't be 40+ and still have a fun interesting life. I prefer people about 10 - 15 years younger than me with similar interests.

75renegade

Aunty Em said:
Personally I find people my own age or older dead boring, for some reason when most people hit 40 they get all serious. I don't see why you can't be 40+ and still have a fun interesting life. I prefer people about 10 - 15 years younger than me with similar interests.

I think I understand what yer meanin' Auntie, but the times when my life seems slow enough to actually connect with the generation ahead a me, I find some bits of wisdom............the useful effects of a perspective, that simply takes more livin' than I've done to gain.

Perhaps, I, like you, am jus' a kid, with an age assigned, that supercedes that freedom which our child-like frollikin' hearts wrap themselves around. (IE: I don't wanna resign myself to the idea that I've seen or done it "all", which I find in the words of some of the 'older' generation.)

The fact that my children seem to find it easy to connect with, an' relate to me as a friend, means a lot to me.:)

fury said:
. But right now it's pretty much limited to those who weren't quite old enough to remember watching the original Star Wars for the first time. :D

hi there :brow: :p

5-7yrs older, 17-18 is my floor.

Aunty Em

75renegade said:
Aunty Em said:

I think I understand what yer meanin' Auntie, but the times when my life seems slow enough to actually connect with the generation ahead a me, I find some bits of wisdom............the useful effects of a perspective, that simply takes more livin' than I've done to gain.

Perhaps, I, like you, am jus' a kid, with an age assigned, that supercedes that freedom which our child-like frollikin' hearts wrap themselves around. (IE: I don't wanna resign myself to the idea that I've seen or done it "all", which I find in the words of some of the 'older' generation.)

The fact that my children seem to find it easy to connect with, an' relate to me as a friend, means a lot to me.:)

It's the people who are "old" in their heads I just don't relate to. I get on well with many older people, but I'm not ready to hang up my skates and sit by the fire reminiscing most evenings yet. I want to be out there "doing". :) I find I get on really well with teenagers too usually, but I wouldn't want one for a pet. :brow: ;)

Arris

Aunty Em said:

27? :brow:

I don't know though. I couldn't see me dating someone under 20/21 now, and I would probably go about the same amount in the other direction to 33. But this isn't a hard fast rule for me. If you find someone you really like, get on well with, find attractive, enjoy spending time with etc. are you really going to not give it a chance because of a few years age difference? I know I wouldn't (unless it was a few years into jail bait territory...)

Aunty Em

Arris said:
Aunty Em said:
Oooh, an offer, busy tonight? :brow: :D

* Arris starts checking return flight prices from Milan Linate, Malpensa and Bergamo Airports to Heathrow

I'll just see if I can fit you in between that cute young lady from down the road and the milkman.... :brow: ;) :kiss:

Arris

Aunty Em said:
Arris said:
Aunty Em said:
Oooh, an offer, busy tonight? :brow: :D

* Arris starts checking return flight prices from Milan Linate, Malpensa and Bergamo Airports to Heathrow

I'll just see if I can fit you in between that cute young lady from down the road and the milkman.... :brow: ;) :kiss:

Can you see if you can fit me in with that cute young lady :hump: