What is your preferred term for spouse?

What do you use as an alternate term to spouse?

• Significant Other

Votes: 8 50.0%
  • Better/Other Half

Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Babe

• Master :eek:

• Other (please specify)

• Total voters

Professur

Oh ..... Well if you're gonna be like that.....

Last time I offer to dress a man up in a skirt, get him plastered and married off. Ungrateful mutter mutter mutter

HomeLAN

I'd have to stop you anyways. The man handed me his car keys and told me he'd keep the secret for 24 hours on my wedding day if I wanted to haul ass. I figure I'd owe him the same opportunity.

BeardofPants

I call him by his last name, which can be a bugger at family dos when I'm after him, and I get his dad, mum, and grandad instead (still, it's better than calling him 'my prison bitch' in front of his vicar grandad). :tardbang: He calls me Master. Or evil fiend, depending on how much pain I've inflicted upon him recently. :devious:

greenfreak

To each other, I call him dahbuh and he calls me meer.

When I'm speaking of him to others, I just say Rusty or now I say "my fiance". :D

Tonks, I know what you mean about "boyfriend". Depending on who I was talking to, I would just say "My Rusty".

Winky

Yeah Tonks is stuck inna perpetual state of limbo there...

So GF, he won't be callin' you Mama ever huh?

as in "go ask your Mama"

AlphaTroll

We kinda resort to calling them 'my ou' - which basically means my guy. And of course there's a bunch of little nicknames that he (when I had one) got called to the face - mostly 'my baby' or 'skat' (treasure) or love. But if I got pissed off it was 'doos' (literally translated it means box, but contextually it would be arsehole). One of them also got called Borra (which was just a nickname he got because he once decided to go blonde and came our yellow - so the nickname was derived from the word Borrie, which is turmeric). Another got called Ruds - short for Rudolph and most recently it was Mr. Matzopolous....as in Ja Mr. Matzopolous, what the fuck have you done now? :rolleyes:

BlurOfSerenity

i dont like the way "boyfriend" sounds, i think it's an audial thing in the "oyf" sound. i prefer "gentleman companion" or "gentleman caller" often.
now i'm engaged, so i call my guy my fiancee when talking to other mostly.
i voted master, though, lol. it was close enough to Sir. i'd refer to him solely as my Sir if it could be understood.

AlphaTroll

ash r said:
i dont like the way "boyfriend" sounds, i think it's an audial thing in the "oyf" sound. i prefer "gentleman companion" or "gentleman caller" often.
now i'm engaged, so i call my guy my fiancee when talking to other mostly.
i voted master, though, lol. it was close enough to Sir. i'd refer to him solely as my Sir if it could be understood.

WTF? You're kidding right? Sounds kinda weird (don't wanna knock you though - but why would you want to call a man sir all the time?)

Inkara1

"Gentleman caller?"

I'm just a gigolo... and everywhere I go... people know the song I'm playing...

Uki Chick

Gentleman caller and sir are really strange. When we're together, we have our own little nicknames and such. When I'm talking to people it's usually my guy or just by his name. His nickname for me is baboushka.

MrBishop

Quérida - beloved
or
mi vida - my life
or
my wife - even though we aren't married, it works for most
or
my missus
or
her actual name - to those who know her
or
Mama - occasionally to pull her chain, but only around the kidlets. :)

tonksy

When it just the 2 of us I sometimes call Rob sir, ie "Would Sir like some more coffee?" He does the same with Madam :shrug:
But usually I call him "my love, my precious"...may be tired but it suits us.

BlurOfSerenity

i call him Sir because he's the D end of the D/S relationship and it's a term of respect.

i call him Monkey a lot too, because he likes monkeys, much in the way i like bats. (he calls me Bat).

Dave

MrBishop said:
my wife - even though we aren't married, it works for most
same here. tho sometimes i do refer to her as the girlfriend, just to confuse people. i love those "i though he was married" looks....