What kind of vehicle(s) do you own?

Sharky

chcr said:
I call mine the Suzukisaurus Rex. 1280cc, major headwork, Yoshimura pipe, Marzocchi shocks, welded crank...

I used to road race motorcycles, but this was always my street bike. Had smoothbores on it for a bit but they really detracted from the streetability so I went back to the stockers and re-jetted. It's probably a little undercarbureted, but it'll go 150+ and 0-60 in 3.2 (if you can avoid lighting the rear tire) so I don't worry about it. Modern 600s will run away from it though. :alienhuh:

Holy wheelies, Batman . . . :cool:

You know what? I got all nostalgic, and dragged out the old owner's manual and my bike stuff . . . and discovered mine was a GS1000E, not an 1100. Ooops. :nerd:

Funny how time blurs your memories . . . :tardbang:

Sharky

Inkara1 said:
I still wonder what GEICO's commercials would have been like if the Taco Bell chihauhua didn't have the talking gecko as competition.

"Yo quiero insurance?" :retard: :D

Sharky

My neighbor built this kewl hotrod Ranger. It has a fuel-injected 5.0 V8 Mustang engine in it. He just got it back from the paint shop a few weeks ago. This little sucker will blow the doors off of my Silverado.

The second pic is Tommy "saluting" Chevy drivers :rolleyes:

Tommy is clearly deranged . . .

The third pic is the "before" shot.

Professur

Sharky said:
My neighbor built this kewl hotrod Ranger. It has a fuel-injected 5.0 V8 Mustang engine in it. He just got it back from the paint shop a few weeks ago. This little sucker will blow the doors off of my Silverado.

Ranger drivers are always whining because the ranger only came with a 2.9L while the S-10 had the optional 4.3L. Glad to see someone managed to shoehorn in a little competition. How much did he have to rework the engine compartment to squeeze that in there?

tommyj27

Not really Banned
i've driven one of those 4.3L S10s, I have to say I wasn't very impressed. It didn't have the umph i was expecting out of something like that.

Inkara1

My Dad's '94 Ranger has a 4.0 V6 with a five-speed and 2WD, and it's had plenty of power to haul everything my family's thrown at it over the years, including a whole bedful of rocks over the Cuesta Grade (north of San Luis Obispo, and it's one of those climbs where semis do about 5-10 mph for a couple of miles).

Professur

tommyj27 said:
i've driven one of those 4.3L S10s, I have to say I wasn't very impressed. It didn't have the umph i was expecting out of something like that.

Stock they're geared down for towing. You need to swap out the rear end. Unfortunately, that makes it useless as a work truck. Not that more than 5% of pickups on the road are actually used for working.

Sharky

Professur said:
Ranger drivers are always whining because the ranger only came with a 2.9L while the S-10 had the optional 4.3L. Glad to see someone managed to shoehorn in a little competition. How much did he have to rework the engine compartment to squeeze that in there?

I think it drops right in with some alts to the engine and transmission mounts. And he had to switch from manual to automatic. The front suspension was reworked to handle the extra weight, including stiffer springs and poly bushings. There is very little clearance around the engine, as you might imagine. The hood scoops are functional, one feeds air to the intake, the other cools the engine bay.

The only thing he hasn't done yet is to install a narrowed rear end with stouter axles and beefier ring and pinion. And it needs a stouter drive shaft. As it is, he can't do a standing start 1/4 mile without fear of fragging the drivetrain, but it accelerates like an Atlas rocket.

One day he caught up with me on the road, on a long straight stretch through a big farm. He pulled out to pass me, and when he drew up alongside, I opened the throttle on my 5.7 Vortec engine, and pulled ahead. He gunned it, pulled up alongside (I still had it floored) looked over and shook his head, and with a roar worthy of a Nascar stocker, pulled away as if I had hit the brakes. I was awed and humbled. :cool:

Inkara1

If he wants to do standing 1/4 mile runs, he may want to make a run to his friendly local Home Depot and get a couple of 90 lb. bags of concrete to put in the back over the axle. Burning rubber is tons of fun but it seriously hurts your 1/4 mile time.