What you see (large pics, maybe)

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
An example of the height difference & why truckers tailgate.

your general view of us
Image017.jpg

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
gotta love the Windy city. Forget the romantic views from the lake, here's what it's really like (in the distance is the loop)

Image008.jpg

PT

Off 'Motherfuckin' Topic Elite
It comforts me to think that you are driving an 18-wheeler down the road, and taking pics at the same time.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
look at the view, down the road of my second pic. I can see for miles & miles & miles &...

I know what the people in front are doing before you do.

Dave

the only reason you can see stuff before me is cause you take up so much of the freakin horizon.

trucks dont bother me on the interstate...they cant keep up... :D

PT

I've also got to ask, was that first guy cleaning his windsheild with pennzoil or something?

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
that's my pickup truck. cleaning windshields, maybe I ought to do that huh? I park in a dirt parking lot-whatcha expect?

PT

Nah, looks great. Just keep it the way it is.

btw, I know the only reason your big trucks windows are that clean are becuase some little punk at an Amoco station climbed his ass up there and cleaned it for you last time you stopped. How do I know? I was one of those little punks. Ever travel through Iowa, the Boondocks?

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
my best speed in an 18-wheller is 97MPH. Across Texas, at night. Made it from LA to Long Island ( different trip) in under 40 hours

PT

Gonz said:
gotta love the Windy city. Forget the romantic views from the lake, here's what it's really like (in the distance is the loop)

Image008.jpg

I'm sorry, man, but this pic really bothers me, everyone is hitting the brakes, what are you doing? Taking pictures.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
IA-about once a week or every other week. I80-DesMoines, I35 to US20 to Ft Dodge

I keep my truck windows clean, just not the pickup

PT

You get off I-35 about two miles south of "The Boondocks" then, it's almost worth the trip up if you've got a little extra time. Exit 144, if I remember correctly. Haven't lived there in 15 years now, but it's a pretty nice place, I worked at the Amoco on the west side of the overpass, my grandparents ran the motel on the east side.

btw, when I moved away, 20 ended in a cornfield about a half mile off of I-35 to the east.