What's your Favorite Team???

chcr

Too cute for words
1. Where was this Vinny last year?????
2. There's no requirement for pretty, HomeLAN. :D

Professur

Fucking apes

Professur said:
News Today!!! This is officially the last series the Mtl Expos wil play in Mtl. Again.

The second to last game played in Montreal had 5,400 people in the stands. Tonight's finale is expected to draw 27,000. Fucking voyeristic sheep. These are the same fuckers that sit in traffic honking their horns and then rubberneck the accident when they get up to it. The same bastards that mill around in front of the home of a kidnapping to "share the pain". If half of these cock suckers had attended any of the regular games ... If any of them were actual fans .... this wouldn't be the last game.

If there's any justice in the world, the entire olympic stadium will collapse tonight, killing each and every one of them. Darwin rulez.

paul_valaru

100% Pure Canadian Beef
ahh the expos

I have not been to a game in years, I am not attending the last game, not being a fan of baseball and all.

goodbye so long and good luck

MrBishop

It is indeed the last Expos game. The first time that a team has been moved in over 30 years.

Starting a new thread.

MrBishop

Professur said:
Why bother. They're not worth it.

Yeah..but they WERE worth it. I know that you're not a big baseball fan, but they used to be a great team and its a shame to lose them.

Professur

Really? Do tell. How many penants did they win? World Series? At one point, they had the best line up in the league, and still couldn't put anything together. They're losers. Always have been, always will be.

But, for the sake of friendship, i'll keep my opinions outta your nice new thread.

Inkara1

Professur said:
Really? Do tell. How many penants did they win? World Series? At one point, they had the best line up in the league, and still couldn't put anything together. They're losers. Always have been, always will be.
Actually, they were once the best team in baseball. But that was the year the season ended early because of the strike. Sounds like the most down-and-out of down-and-out franchises to me.

chcr

Too cute for words
Now they can be "first in war, first in peace and last in the "national" league." :lol:

Stop Laughing

While most of baseball has come back pretty well from the strike, the Expos obviously haven't. Another team hurt bad by it were the White Sox on the south side of town, mostly because they were not only in first place at the time of the strike, but their owner 'the almighty Jerry Reinsdorf' is blamed for causing that strike. After taking out their home games against the Yankees, Red Sox and Cubs (they're always sold out and not home crowds for them :p), I bet they don't average 5 figures a game. I think there was one game a couple of years ago that was very poorly scheduled in early April during the day in the middle of the week after a snowstorm hit, I don't even think they got 2000 that day. Doesn't help that they play in a stadium that looks like a toilet bowl from the air. :D

[long baseball rant coming on...]This is what I would really like to see: Outlaw the DH, contract 2 teams entirely (Expos and Devil Rays are the top 2 candidates there), go back to 2 divisions (east/west) so it's even with 7 teams in each division in each league (I don't mind if they'd still take 4 teams for the playoffs from each league, makes the season more exciting), and expand interleague play especially so it's more balanced (we had 6 games against a tough White Sox team that while is lazy plays us tough, while the Cardinals had their big series against woeful Kansas City right after they traded away Beltran, yeah, that was fair :rolleyes: )![/rant]

Professur

Well, suprise, suprise. It's the 5th inning, and the Expox are down 9 to 1. I've heard of going out with a whimper, buy these guys are fucking miming.

Professur

Re: Fucking apes

Professur said:
The second to last game played in Montreal had 5,400 people in the stands. Tonight's finale is expected to draw 27,000. Fucking voyeristic sheep. These are the same fuckers that sit in traffic honking their horns and then rubberneck the accident when they get up to it. The same bastards that mill around in front of the home of a kidnapping to "share the pain". If half of these cock suckers had attended any of the regular games ... If any of them were actual fans .... this wouldn't be the last game.

If there's any justice in the world, the entire olympic stadium will collapse tonight, killing each and every one of them. Darwin rulez.

31,395 sheep, all crammed into a pen, and noone brought any tnt, or assault weapons. What a wasted opportunity. Much like the Expos' wasted opportunity to show they weren't total losers.

Thulsa Doom

Professur said:

easy. a good number of those in attendance werent even from the area im guessing. i know for a fact my boss and some cronies went up to catch the last game all the way from washington. so they can say the saw the last expos game and the first <insert name here> game next spring...

Inkara1

The Rangers said they're willing to negotiate on the rights to the Senators name if someone calls them. So would he really be able to say he caught the first Senators game?