What's your favourite fragrance/smell?

Aunty Em

Personally I can't stand musky smells, they smell even more disgusting on me. All the perfumes I like have floral tones - rose, ylang ylang, etc. My favourite at the moment is Sunflowers by Elizabeth Arden. I'm also very particular about the aftershave that men wear and prefer refreshing scents like Pierre Cardin.

As for other smells, I like new mown grass, baking bread, freshly milled coffee, chocolate and vanilla.

What do you like?

ris

i like ted baker or ted baker endurance and hugo from hugo boss.

i agree with you on the lighter frangrances, nothing is worse than a heavy aftershave.

lemon.

Luis G

<i><b>Problemator</b></i>
Staff member
Anything from Chanel. Emporio Armani smells good too. I have a lot of lotions, i change the one i use according to how i feel.

These days i've been using Fahrenheit.

greenfreak

The first perfume I ever got as a present was Skin Musk and I had never figured myself for a musky perfume but I loved it. I don't think they make it anymore though.

I got into fruit and flower perfumes for a while... lavendar, gardenia, apple, raspberry, pear. Now I wear Curve by Liz Claiborne but I haven't looked around in a long time. I don't like 'sharp' smelling perfume, I like them more subtle.

Besides perfume, a short list:

coffee, especially flavored
chocolate
all flowers, especially stargazer lillies, hyacinth and roses
egg and cheese sandwiches in the morning
my linden flower soap
anything Rusty cooks for dinner (he's the only one who can make my mouth water just by smelling what he's cooking)
bounty fabric softener
wood burning stoves in winter
getting out of my car after driving home from work and smelling the ocean

Fire*Star

I've always liked the smell of White Roses

Apart from that the smell of a new PC game fresh out the box :D

Aunty Em

greenfreak said:
bounty fabric softener

Fabric softner - I'd forgotten that one - It's an own brand from Asda called Line Fresh.

But actually I love the smell of crisp linen sheets that have been blown dry by the wind. It takes me back to my childhood and my "blanky". :)

Dave

the g/f buys me what she likes. i have an extremely poor sense of smell. for all i know, she's pouring eu de poopoo into clavin klein bottles. :)

75renegade

My fiance'........sweaty or not! Jus' her familiar scent brings comfort an' ......mmmm:D

Also, love the nostalgia of the smell of my momma's apple pie in the oven during the Holiday season! :)

Mostly, I jus' miss the way my baby smells! Can't remember exactly which musk she likes so much though..........'Jovan White' me thinks......... ;)

75renegade

Jus' doesn't matter Bro. We only walk this terre-ferma but a few short days. Mays well enjoy common ground, wherever it can be found, no? :D

Leslie

Communistrator
Staff member
on me, vanilla,
on a man, Polo *I know I'm old*

pumpkin or apple pie, Christmas trees, baking bread, fresh cut grass, the Halloween night smell. :)

Leslie

Communistrator
Staff member
ack, forgot! The smell that wafts out the little window at the Tim Horton's Drive Thru...barring that, the smell of brewing coffee.

dan

A* Men

Thierry Mugler does a wonderul men's fragrance. Called Angel in the states, A* in the UK, young Nick said he thought it smelt like cookies. It's definately got chocolate in there, it smells warm and comfortable and just yummy. Totally unique, unlike anything you'd find anywhere else.

Other top fragrances, Floris no 89 (the fragrance Bond wears), and a selection from the house of Creed, Green Irish Tweed having a particular reputation. If you're into this sort of thing check out basenotes.com for copious reviews of everything.