when two martinins and ebay mix

2minkey

bootlicker
cheeky you should check out the roland micro cube. it's $125 and the most fun you can have with an amp half the size of a milk crate.

yeah them 335s are nice, too. i've come very close to buying one of them recently, but, at 17 instruments... yeah, the martinins help.

paul_valaru

100% Pure Canadian Beef
I used to work selling musical instraments I have played a les paul 1966

I gave to a friend a 1973 fender mustang short neck base, I like the toys

2minkey

bootlicker
I've been away for too long...what happened to Charvel?

done got bought. first by a company that also owned "hondo" in the mid 80s- remember them $129 guitars.... yeah... and then later sold to FMIC (fender, but owned by akai and then somebody else).

at this point, i'm just building guitars out of warmoth parts. ken warmoth used to make shit with lynn ellesworth as "boogie bodies" which kinda was part of the charvel of legend (eddie's original dumb striped red guitar was boogie bodies stuff).

wayne charvel himself is long gone, now making guitars with his son.

it's actually kinda hard to get a guitar built by somebody who gives a shit these days. i probably spend $500 a pop just getting one "made right" after i've paid for all the parts.

but if i got one from GMW, i'd be surprised if it wasn't right. somehow you can tell that those guys aren't fucking around.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
You can get one done right. For a several thousand dollars. Even the BC Rich (my fave metal guitar) line are cheap now.

Hondo? Did anybody buy those pieces o' shit?

chcr

Too cute for words
cheeky you should check out the roland micro cube. it's $125 and the most fun you can have with an amp half the size of a milk crate.

Got a Music Man HD-212 Combo, 65/130 (tubes is my friends) and a Sennheiser e906. What I need sumfin else fer?

2minkey

bootlicker
Got a Music Man HD-212 Combo, 65/130 (tubes is my friends) and a Sennheiser e906. What I need sumfin else fer?

yeah i gots the big amps too.

because it's tiny and fun, and you don't have to wake the neighbors...

chcr

Too cute for words
yeah i gots the big amps too.

because it's tiny and fun, and you don't have to wake the neighbors...

Nearest neighbor is 400 yards or more away. Besides, there's a volume knob (two actually, plus gain). ;) I'm not a collector, I'm a user. I've had the amp for twenty-some years. I know what it does and I like how it sounds. The e906 is pretty new though. It's for pushing the MM through the house mix in a big venue. I used to always use two SM57s. This is much better.

Edit: It's really not a big amp though. :shrug: I've used bigger. Weighs a fucking ton though and it's LOUD.