when two martinins and ebay mix

2minkey

bootlicker
yeah i'll bet it's loud. in my book, amps don't sound good until the power tubes are really cranked, so... loud as fuck, with only one real position for the volume know, which, of course, is "11."

this is why i have a low powered tube amp (5-25watts depending on what power tube i put in it) cranked, partially tamed by a power attenuator, in a closed off, basement room with a couple of mics in front of it. and the basement windows blocked off with vinyl sheeting. if the neighbors were 400 yards away... maybe a different story. right now it's about 3 yards.
i'm just happy i can get a decent tone from a real amp and speaker, without having to use a modeling box for recording.

chcr

Too cute for words
See, with my MM, I find yI can get that same edgy tube sound by playing with the channel volume and the gain without cranking the master volume through the roof. Of course, you have to stand closer to the amp to get that Stratocaster feedback. For over the top distortion without ear-splitting volume I have a D'Armond Square Wave. I've got a few other old school pedals too. After all, I'm kinda "old school" myself. :D I'm also not such a big fan of over the top distortion anyway. A little bit is fine.