Where to begin...

AlladinSane

Shadowfax said:
personally i don't think 20 is an age where a person *must* leave home. i still live at home, even though i'm 20, and i will be for another year.
but my situation is fairly different from squiggy's....
I'm 31 and still doing the same :retard: And will do until I find some decent and stable job in this fucking country :mad: . Surprinsingly I knew a lot of people recently that have even more age that I am and does the same, so I'm trying not to feel so bad...

PT

Off 'Motherfuckin' Topic Elite
I've got the luggage picked out for my kids when they graduate College. Luggage and a 1 way bus ticket. Hopefully they get the point.

greenfreak

Shadow, I'm stating opinion, not neccessarily the way it is here.

Although in the suburbs where I live, the usual is the kids go to college and when they get back, they live with the 'rents till they can afford a place of their own and out they go. It doesn't take long because they're gotten a taste of what it's like to live on their own and don't want to live with their parents anymore.

Squiggy

ThunderDick
Sounds like Eutopia, gf....

Huh.gif

Mirlyn

I always thought it was Utopia... ;)

I'm 21 and still at home. :wink2: Going to school in the same city means its uneconomical to move out. The amount I pay monthy for gas (30-min drive each way) driving to school is enough money as is. When I'm done with school I'll move out, but until then I'm paying "rent" to myself by saving it for either an apartment or a house after college (~2 years). :headbang:

Squiggy

ThunderDick
21 & 23...The 21 year old isn't too bad. And his new girlfriend is opening his eyes to the faults of his brother. thats a good thing....(sorry Martha)

Squiggy

ThunderDick
They're in New Mexico now. Complaining about the heat...:retard: ...They're going to watch the sunrise over the Grand Canyon then on to LA....I'm plugging forward with the house ...It will be mine again...Muahahahahaha

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
I am 19, I still live at home during the summers. Of course, I work all summer and save all but $40 everyweek to pay for school in the fall. My brother said last night, "That is like making $1 to spend for every hour you work." That depressed me...but I digress...I live at home and do not pay rent but I do pay for basically all my school and everything during the year and I do give my mom gas money everyweek to cover the extra gas that is burned with the extra trips to and from work (since we work different hours so there is a bit of dropping off and picking up rather than once in and once out a day) and also the gas I burn whilst running around with my friends.

PT

Off 'Motherfuckin' Topic Elite
I'm sorry I missed them as they drove through Missouri.

I was sure I had the sights lined up too.

Gato_Solo

Out-freaking-standing OTC member
Hey, Squiggy...I just had a thought. If this Air Force thing doesn't work out, could my fiancee and I move in with you. :D Think of the money I'd save not having to rent an apartment, pay bills, buy food..... :D

Shadowfax

<b>mod cow</b>
i know that after i get back from SA i won't live my parents anymore...i'm alone for 3 weeks now, and you get used to it pretty fast.
i must add i can get along pretty well with my parents...it's all about give & take