Where were your children born?

MrBishop

West of Montreal somewhere, in a birthing center. Yes...we used a midwife, no drugs, no Doctor...I think that my wife is nuts. :)

Professur

MrBishop said:
West of Montreal somewhere, in a birthing center. Yes...we used a midwife, no drugs, no Doctor...I think that my wife is nuts. :)

I agree totally (have I said that before? I though so)

ris

Aunty Em said:
though she's actually lived in Suffolk longer than she's lived here at this point in time.

glad to hear she's been brought up the county of quality. suffolk'n'good ;)

Aunty Em

MrBishop said:

I think your wife is nuts too... one child was enough! I had a caesarian and the thought of going through labour horrifies me. The thought of doing it without some powerful assistance is unthinkable... stuff natural when it comes to pain... :eek:

Aunty Em

ris said:
Aunty Em said:
though she's actually lived in Suffolk longer than she's lived here at this point in time.

glad to hear she's been brought up the county of quality. suffolk'n'good ;)

Oh yes... she goes round calling everyone "bor" or "girl"... :lol:

She's also discovered a new word... "Bitch" which she called me today... unfortunately I was so surprised I burst out laughing, so now she thinks it's funny and won't stop saying it! :eek:

ris

don't be afraid to correct her suffolk-glish, the correct term for the male is 'bah' or 'boiy' [like bouy] and the female is 'gel' [with the l painfully close to a w sound]. i have no idea what the general colchester accent is like, hopefully its not too romford :s

when she can say the coloquial greeting 'yer'eet bah' without laughing she's quality.

my boss said ooh arr to me this afternoon the cheeky mare, might have to remind her i'm eas' coun'ry, not wes' :D :D

75renegade

All 3, right 'ere in the great mid-western city/state of Fort Wayne, IN............

Though it disturbs me, now to 'ear my 12 an' 14 yr. old sons referrin' to their mother as, the "birth-giver".........an' me, as "food-giver".................?(

Wayyyy too many "South-Park" episodes, I'm sure!:(

Can I get a witness 'ere?:rolleyes:

Aunty Em

ris said:
i have no idea what the general colchester accent is like

Closer to "Suffolk" than "Romford" thank god! We're only 7 miles from the border. I really notice it when I go "down south". :)

It really depends who I'm speaking to what I sound like - when I'm speaking properly I have a Surrey accent - I spent most of my early childhood there until I was 6. Most of the time I speak with a soft suffolk/north essex accent, but lots of people around here are from London so I usually slip into that accent when I'm speaking to them. I'm also told that when I speak Spanish I don't have a very pronounced English accent.