Which demons must you live with...

Thulsa Doom

Spot said:
me when i was younger.
you dared anyone to match your demons. with bipolar, you can be on top of the world in the morning and feel like your life is face down in the gutter by dinner.

oh well yeah. being bipolar is like living life with a dead gorilla chained to your neck. Its an enormous burden and people find it disturbing to deal with you. But I was speaking strictly of the enormous power of my apathy/laziness/procrastination syndrome. I cant imagine anyone worse then I with it. Change kills me. Because it involves adaptation. And work. And I just don’t want to do either. But change is the universal constant so im constantly in a struggle to stay in place basically.

poolking

I don't know whether these are demons or vices:

I do tend to get depressed especially when things don't go my way.

I tend to "bite" people's heads off when they something to me I don't like, or they don't agree with what I say (strange reason this doesn't manifest itself when I post on forums), maybe because I see forums as an escape from the real world.

I also tend to pre-judge people before I get to know them just because I have heard others say bad things about people.

I am also de-motivated so easily.

But then vices make us who we are and life would be boring if we were all perfect.

Silver lady

It is interesting how many others are like you!! I must admit I see the forums as a means of escape from the real world too!
My demon is one of not believing in myself.
another is always looking for a problem as invariably there is one.
but having said that, I find that I have to go through things, in order to help others! This seems to be my role in life!
But they say walk a mile in anothers shoes to understand them, it is deffinately true. :winkkiss:

freako104

i should add p[rocrastination, and also laziness and disorganisation. but i am getting better about them

tonksy

i'm either a total gemini or completely bipolar. i have my mood swings. i am also tenacious as hell about some things and drop other stuff with a quickness. i am fickle about tons of stuff - sometimes i like that/sometimes i don't...probably a nutcase.

freako104

is being a sado-masochist count? also bloodletting and i used to be a cutter and i havent done it in a while but i lived with it.

Oz

tonks said:
i'm either a total gemini or completely bipolar. i have my mood swings. i am also tenacious as hell about some things and drop other stuff with a quickness. i am fickle about tons of stuff - sometimes i like that/sometimes i don't...probably a nutcase.

Nah........that sounds just like a gemini to me tonksy. I'm like that meself :swing: :swing:

AlphaTroll

My demons seem rather tame to be quite honest.

Slayed the drug dependance demon some time ago - though he does stick his head in for a visit every now & then. Just to see if I can still pack a punch I'm sure. He has won once or twice since I kicked him out for not paying rent, but mostly when we enter the ring for a couple of rounds I manage to beat him. Championship hasn't yet been decided though.

The drink demon is no fiend really - he only comes around to knock me into oblivion some weekends.

The 'I'm not interested in your shit, sort if the hell out now' demon has saved me from getting overly involved emotionally with quite a few complete nutters.

The overly self confident demon is a bit tricky though. He has an arrogant twist to him and definite narcissistic tendencies - usually has me being a bit harshly judgemental based on people's appearance. But we're currently negotiating a middle ground, because if I let this one run wild I find the inner bitch demon has too much time on her hands to think up nasties about people.

And then there's the 'I hate lazy people who do not do their fair share' demon who usually skips through the jungle of my mind hand in hand with the 'Fuck off, I'll do it myself 'cos you can't do it right anyway' demon. Now this pair does cause a bit of problems for me because I get rather peeved when people sit on their asses the whole day doing nothing or if they expect me to do everything, yet I do not want them helping me because I just 'know' they won't do it quite the way I want it to be done.

But my biggest fight at the moment is against the 'I'm flat broke after the break up, but can't stop myself buying unnecessary stuff like clothes and shoes' demon - this one just thrives off my weak moments and has given me a bit of a "I might die of hunger, but I'll for damn sure leave a well dressed corpse" mentality. Gotta get it sorted as quickly as possible, because right now it's the most destructive of all the evil inhabitants of my mind.

BeardofPants

:D

saint2.gif

Vortex

MrBishop said:
Which demons do you live with which you can't get rid of and still expect to be 'You'?

Which demons do you plan on getting rid of before you can feel like 'You' again?
Um... lemme see... occasional depression, blah blah blah, run of the mill stuff :p

As well as I guess there's LOTS in my past that I'd tend to pretend didn't happen... Had an accident with a possible pregnancy last year... but thankfully took care of it before it became an issue :) But still, that little facts tends to come and bite me in the arse from time to time, which is quite sad, really.

Um... not sure if flaws also count as demons (procrastination, being a little lot lazy, too much of a day dreamer.... and so on and so forth) but yeah, I guess that's like the biggest demon I have :)

Leslie

Communistrator
Staff member
after careful consideration of the finger callouses I'd acquire typing mine out...I condensed my thoughts into this one phrase. I suck. And not necessarily in the good way.

And I've caught Gonz's teh problem too :mope:

tonksy

i am both happy and amazed to announce that none of the demons i originally posted about are around anymore!

Liliandra

tonksy said:
i am both happy and amazed to announce that none of the demons i originally posted about are around anymore!

woot for ya! wish I could do the same with mine, working on it, bf is helping a lot, but selfconfidence is still in the crapper unfortunately.

Liliandra

so yay, finally think I've killed the depression that's been after me for a week or so....work has kinda been hard on me and I think that's what really been doing it, so I adopt a new outlook....I don't give a shit.... it's been working out kinda well, lol......The one that I really must work on is self confidence. I have a great boyfriend, and he wants to see me be more confident in myself...He believes in me, so I suppose I should, if nothing else for his sake I suppose....hrmmm.....That's really the main one I think, most other things stem from that, the inability to defend myself, such like that....I defend others most wholeheartedly, but when it comes to myself it just seems like I don't think it's a battle worthy of my time....interesting concept.

Miss Chopper

Interesting topic....
okay, my Demons that I have to live with is my love affair with the bathroom mirror. My compulsive nature.
Demons I NEED to be rid of are my Slot machine addiction. ( i already quit smoking.)