Who among non Americans watches the Super Bowl?

markjs

Banned
I posted this at XiBase first, but little response so I am trying here.

Me I love American football, as many Americans do, but I am always hearing them say that they broadcast all over the world. So if you are a non American will you or would you watch if you could? Do you know others who will watch?

BTW, Canada doesn't count because it;s just America junior! J/K! In some ways sometimes I wish I was Canadian, but being American has its bright side.

Luis G

<i><b>Problemator</b></i>
Staff member
They broadcast it here, but I don't watch it.

It isn't as popular as football but still many people watch it.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
Usually I'll watch but the teams don't do squat for me & the buzz about the ads this year-nothing interesting :shrug:

markjs

Banned
Gonz said:
Usually I'll watch but the teams don't do squat for me & the buzz about the ads this year-nothing interesting :shrug:

Yeah but you're in Indiana. Hardly a foreign country. Even if it may seem it to a west coast slickster like myself :trippin:

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
When I left Hollywood & crossed the Rockies, I'd have sworn the sign said "see ya".

Mare

Normally wouldn't watch it...If i'm somewhere and ppl are watching i catch some of it- will watch to see the 1/2 time. MAYBE catch bits and pieces if its a team i like...

Kawaii

Never even watched one game... I don't give a rats ass about Superbowl.
Edit: Note, i'm not american.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
Do you not understand this is OFF TOPIC Central? Where busybodies rule the roost & nothng is sacred.

chcr

Too cute for words
markjs said:
What about "Who among non Americans watches the Super Bowl?", do some of you not understand?

*ahem* :D

*Pat's self on the back and looks smug.*

Shadowfax

<b>mod cow</b>
non-american: yes
watch superbowl: nope

reason: they're pussies :p

j/k just never thought about following it :D

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
Is there a market for American Football in the Netherlands? Are some of the games seen there weekly?

Camelyn

The NFL claims a worldwide TV audience of one billion for what the New York Times says is probably "the biggest one-day sports event in the world". Have they never heard of real football's World Cup Final? But, we are told, 137 million people in the US will watch.

1 billion - 137 million = 863 million.

More non-Americans watch the superbowl than Americans.

I'm not one of them.

I'd rather watch my plants grow.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
I heard the one billion figure & looked oddly at my radio, in disbelief.

After seeing the source is the NY Times & the NFL I not only look at the radio funny I point & laugh heartily.

Camelyn

Gonz said:
I heard the one billion figure & looked oddly at my radio, in disbelief.

After seeing the source is the NY Times & the NFL I not only look at the radio funny I point & laugh heartily.

You gotta reel in the international advertisers somehow. What better way than by adding an extra zero to the end of your viewing estimates :)