Who among non Americans watches the Super Bowl?

Shadowfax

<b>mod cow</b>
Gonz said:
Is there a market for American Football in the Netherlands? Are some of the games seen there weekly?

some of the games are broadcasted (i believe something in Houston last night...) but not many people watch the superbowl.
it's just a small audience actually. it is nice to watch, but it just isn't too big a deal around here.
i guess it's the same thing around with soccer in the US: people here love it, while the US prefers american football.

ris

i heard it was on but what small amount of us football i've seen was almost as dull as watching paint dry. or baseball.

we have nfl and nhl shown late at night on terrestrial, just after the dutch football league highlights. :D

Shadowfax

<b>mod cow</b>
oh come on....you know the highlights of the dutch football league don't include any football, just the riots afterwards...and those are shown on the 8 o'clock news ;)

ris

do you think we have time at the 8pm news to include your football riots in with ours? it's a 2 1/2h program as it stands... :D

tonksy

so...who's gonna watch the probowl? i am....but i'd prolly watch peewee football if they aired it :shrug:

unclehobart

*pours a good pint of hot tea into an envelope*
*the envelope holds out for a good three seconds before it explodes into a hapless, gooey mess*
*hobart ponders what went wrong*
*a moment of inspiration strikes him*
*he adds two sugars and slaps postage on the front*
*using a shovel to pick it up, he heads to the post office*

hot tea.... comin' right up!