Who will win Super Bowl XXXVIII?

markjs

Banned
I got the Panthers in a close game with a lot of field goals and no more than 3 total touchdowns.

Professur

Just pointing out that a significant portion of the population doesn't even know who's playing. Or have ever even seen the game, for that matter.

freako104

i dont follow football very much myself and I dont know whos playing it. I never understood why sports were so high in this society

markjs

Banned
Professur said:
Just pointing out that a significant portion of the population doesn't even know who's playing. Or have ever even seen the game, for that matter.

Consider that the Super Bowl is usually the most watched event in television every year. Sure a lot of people don't care but lots of folks do.

markjs

Banned
tonks said:
the patriots all the way...and i got my panther voodoo doll at the ready ;)

I think the Panthers front four will dominate the line of scrimmage making the Patriots run offense non existant, and forcing the game all onto the shoulders of Brady who will throw picks to an opportunistic Panthers secondary. Similarly the Pats defense will slow the Panthers O, but the multi pronged running attack will pound through it eventuall. Jake Delhomme will pass just enough to keep the Pats D honest and the Panthers will squeek by the Pats.

SexyBoo

I am hoping the Panthers win - but I couldn't say anything for sure. Usually whichever team I support seems to lose. :disgust2:

tonksy

markjs said:
I think the Panthers front four will dominate the line of scrimmage making the Patriots run offense non existant, and forcing the game all onto the shoulders of Brady who will throw picks to an opportunistic Panthers secondary. Similarly the Pats defense will slow the Panthers O, but the multi pronged running attack will pound through it eventuall. Jake Delhomme will pass just enough to keep the Pats D honest and the Panthers will squeek by the Pats.
says you...:p
i think that it's going to be a helluva game...but i think you also are underestimating the patriot's defense...lotsa interceptions ;)

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
Sharky said:
There is $2000 in the office Super Bowl pool. Woowoo! :swing:

That would be a theorhetical pool, right, since gambling is illegal in most staes (unless the government has their hand in the pie)

chcr

Too cute for words
but i think you also are underestimating the patriot's defense...lotsa interceptions

I don't know about that. To get lots of intereptions, the other guys have to throw a lot. Not the Panthers style.

Sharky

Gonz said:
That would be a theorhetical pool, right, since gambling is illegal in most staes (unless the government has their hand in the pie)

Yes - theoretically speaking - we are, er . . . um, using Monopoly money. ;)