Why can´t I put my avatar up, fury.

MitchSchaft

Why can't I put my avatar up, fury.

This one meets all the requirements and it won't let me upload it. When I save it as a jpeg it does.

Attachment(s):

spMitch.bmp, 28.57kb

spMitch.bmp

Luis G

<i><b>Problemator</b></i>
Staff member
You could PM your password and i could try setting your avatar for you. Then you just change your password.

BTW, did you attached the avatar to your post? (i can't see it)

fury

Administrator
Staff member
Extensions are case sensitive and I think they have to be .gif, .jpg, or .png to work, and be the ONLY extension on the file, e.g. you can't name something "My.avatar.gif" because the software will be confused and think it is a .avatar file type, which it doesn't allow.

What is the file name of the avatar you are trying to upload? (checking the properties of the image won't let me find out)

Luis G

Staff member
You know, a few days ago i had this problem with uploading files in some posts, it seems that the board can't upload the same file twice (two files with the same name), maybe that's what's holding the board from uploading your avatar.

Try renaming the file before uploading it.

MitchSchaft

For some reason it won\\\'t let me upload the .jpg, but it does upload the .bmp. Here\'s the .bmp...

damnit, now it won't let me upload the bitmap

Luis G

Staff member
Rename the file before uploading it (just put a number in the end, before the extension)....i guess you missed my post below.

freako104

i had the same trouble getting to share mine and i know nothing about comps. i right clicked to print but i dont know how to print on screen. the only avatar i got was on jjr512. its the evil smiley face. i was wondering if i can get that on here?

Luis G

Staff member
It must be something with your browser and this board.

Or you just choose some very weird pics :D

BTW, here is your the yoda avatar you wanted to have a while ago, try renaming the file and uploading it.

Attachment(s):

yoda1234.jpeg, 3.09kb

Click here to download the attachment

Luis G

Staff member
freako, here is the avatar you use at jjr's

Download it to your computer, and then go and edit your profile, select custom avatar, choose the file, and hit save.

You're done.

Attachment(s):

Evil.gif, 0.35kb

Evil.gif

MitchSchaft

I'd rather have the yoda pic. I saved it as "yoda" and tried to upload it. I'm running IE6 with winxp. don't know why it won't work:(

Luis G

Staff member
rename it to sdf3423.jpg

i don't think there's another pic with that name.....

fury

Administrator
Staff member
...the fuck?!

:retard6:

Alright.. time for steel-toed bootage... that thing's gonna be so far up WBB's ass, it'll be picking out the rust from its teeth :headbang: