Why drilling won't help with the oil crisis

Gato_Solo

Out-freaking-standing OTC member
OPEC has cut perduction, but oil prices still fall, whats up with that?

Demand has fallen as well. Once the price gets down to around $2.50 a gallon, watch the SUV-happy morons start driving the price up again by going back to their old, wasteful ways. This still won't change the fact that somebody else has control over our energy, though, and the eco-nazis will still do their best to stop any domestic energy production from coming on-line to help slow the crisis one bit. They won't be happy until we are all on solar, wind, and hydroelectric...no matter how inconvenient that may be. They also like the idea of electric cars, and anyone with more than two brain cells should be able to figure out how that will drain the grid. Come up with a viable plan for creating energy, and the world will beat a path to your door...

H2O boy

drilling mihgt not help but it sure wont hurt the situation any.

three choices. get your own, buy somebody elses, or do without. doesnt' matter if its oil or rice or leather or bananas.

MrBishop

drilling mihgt not help but it sure wont hurt the situation any.

three choices. get your own, buy somebody elses, or do without. doesnt' matter if its oil or rice or leather or bananas.
Actually..in teh case of oil, it does. Oil, unlike rice or bananas, or oranges etc.. is based on a global supply/demand *kinda* equation.

MrBishop

Frigo at the end of the road was that this monring, but at lunch, it was 0.999/l
Nice..if ti's there on Wednesday, I'll tank up again. I filled up on Saturday at $1.04, so I have a few days yet before it makes a noticeable difference in my tank.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
My thoughts exactly.

People are glad to see gas at two fifty..... :bs: that's still a buck fifty too high.

GrandCaravanSE

new-elect-fuel-source.gif

Well atleast we still have coal!!1

jimpeel

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servlet/story/LAC.20081031.ROILSANDS31/TPStory/Business

Oil sands' rivals gaining ground
SHAWN MCCARTHY AND NORVAL SCOTT

October 31, 2008

OTTAWA, CALGARY -- Alberta's juggernaut has run into a classic squeeze play.

Even as they cope with sharply lower crude prices, Canadian oil sands producers are confronting a deteriorating competitive position in the worldwide battle for increasingly tight investment dollars.

While the global industry has been squeezed between soaring project costs and lower prices, Alberta's oil sands producers are being hit harder because they are more capital intensive than other more conventional projects.

In a report released yesterday, New York-based management consultant McKinsey & Co. said the Canadian industry has been losing ground against other global producers, with whom they compete in the key Gulf Coast and Midwest markets in the U.S.

[more]