why thriftstores rule

MrBishop

Professur said:
So you saved money, by buying more. That's brilliant.

I had to go out last night and buy V2.0's school choir outfit. 2 navy skirts @ 2/$30. 1 white polo $14.95, and 2x2pair of knee highs @$7.50/2pr. Total outlay, just shy of $70. And I thought I was done buying school clothes for the season.
Saved myself close to $200 off of Bishjr's school outfits by buying a box of white kids turtlenecks and 5 blue dressy pants @ Village.

Stupid school wanted $20/ch for those damn white turtlenecks and they insisted that he own 5 of them...plus the pants @$30/ch plus a cardigan etc... thieves!

Uki Chick

Village can be great for a lot of things. Even halloween costumes! Gotten a lot there. I find the best one so far has been the one in St-Leonard. I have one in laval and most of the stuff is major crap.

My mom got a gorgeous black Jones of New York suit there for 20 bucks.

MrBishop

Leslie said:
White turtlenecks on children.

LOLOLOLOL! :lol2:
Tell me about it...I have to pre-soak the things in bleach for at least an hour before I can wash them and even get them remotely close to white... They're idiots for chosing that colour!

Oh and shoes... he's grown three shoe sizes this year alone---from a 9 to an 11/12. Soon it'll be winter-boot season and rain boots!

A shopping we will go!

MrBishop

Professur said:
Well, duh!!! There's your problem. Look into the pre-K program at Good Shepard.
A few issues
1) They don't do full day - which is great for single-income families that need a break but not so hot for everyone else.
2) They're more expensive
3) They're pickier as to who they take -kids who plan on continuing in the RSB schools..which we can't guarantee.

I do send parents their way on occasion.

Professur

So what you need is an educative day care, instead of pre-K.

I looked into Montessori and Kinderville, and didn't much like what I saw. Too much like that school Marge tried to get Lisa into, if you get my meaning.

BlurOfSerenity

when i have kids, i'm not spending much money on their clothes at all... until they stop growing. i'm not going to spend too much on a shirt they wont be able to wear in a couple months anyway.
i hope to god my kid(s) wont be like, "mommy i need this designer thing", cos then i'd have to say no. what really sucks is getting your kids the "in" thing, and then having to buy all new clothes in a few months when the "in" thing isn't so "in" anymore.
i'm totally going to drill the "clothing trends dont matter" thing into my kids. hope it works!

BlurOfSerenity

and knockoffs rule. i remember when i was in middleschool, all the kids had these long sleeve shirts with dragons on the sleves. they mainly came from abercrombie and fitch, and stores like that. trend aside, i liked that look, so i got mine at target, on the cheap. i still have it.

HomeLAN

ash r said:
i hope to god my kid(s) wont be like, "mommy i need this designer thing", cos then i'd have to say no.

Get used to that. It's at least half of raising kids.