Wimmin talk

Leslie

Communistrator
Staff member
lol no, it's like 6-8 bucks or somethin for a fairly big bottle of it.

I'll grab one when I'm shopping next week and mail it off. It's the bestest evar. Only one that tops Pears soap in my book.

It's a clear unscented gel. It leaves your skin so unbelievably soft. Paul likes it too, so there's another vote.

tonksy

I looked it up and it seems like what I need (except I may need to use more moisturizer as it's designed for normal to oily skin and I have dry spots but that's no big deal)!
Do they sell the Spectro Acnecare? Link
If that is not terribly expensive could you see if you can get that too?
I can send you money via Paypal if I need to.

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
I don't do much to my face...but my mom uses the Mary Kay Timewise (she sells it so she gets it cheap for herself) and I'm positive it's made her look younger. I compared pictures taken on her birthday for the past 4 years and I swear she's losing years off her face :shrug:

She has pretty normal skin though so she doesn't need any special considerations with her moisturizer or anything.

nalani

hey Tonks .. I know exactly what you mean - in my 30's I started breaking out like I was a teenager .. mostly on my chin and cheeks which is weird because I didn't have pimples on my cheeks before. Anyway, at the risk of sounding like an infomercial, I tried everything .. literally. The only thing that works for me is ProActive. Yup. it really does work and it's worth every penny. I have had like 3 pimples in the last year and a half that I've been using it. Plus, I never have to worry about running out because it comes every other month like clockwork. Be careful though because there's a generic version that's sold in drugstores (which I tried first) and all it did was dry and burn my skin...

simplyred

hey Tonks .. I know exactly what you mean - in my 30's I started breaking out like I was a teenager .. mostly on my chin and cheeks which is weird because I didn't have pimples on my cheeks before. Anyway, at the risk of sounding like an infomercial, I tried everything .. literally. The only thing that works for me is ProActive. Yup. it really does work and it's worth every penny. I have had like 3 pimples in the last year and a half that I've been using it. Plus, I never have to worry about running out because it comes every other month like clockwork. Be careful though because there's a generic version that's sold in drugstores (which I tried first) and all it did was dry and burn my skin...

Nalani, do you have sensitive skin? Since 30 I have been breaking out on my chin and neck like crazy! I have wondered about ProActive, but so many products break me out further. ie Mary Kay makes my face look like ground beef.

tonksy

I thought about trying that stuff! It would have been my main choice but for my fear of aging.
I went back to Bath & Body Works for more of the cleanser today. It really seems to be working. Even that zit that Rob so tactfully refers to as "indefeatable" is going away. I also got a coupon for a free bottle of the regenerating cream when I purchase something else. This coupon is good during the week of the 15th so by then I will have run out of moistizer so GOOD DEAL!

nalani

Nalani, do you have sensitive skin? Since 30 I have been breaking out on my chin and neck like crazy! I have wondered about ProActive, but so many products break me out further. ie Mary Kay makes my face look like ground beef.

I never used to have sensitive skin but like you, since turning 30, it seemed like anything I tried just irritated my face. ProActive was the only stuff that not only cleared the acne but actually made my complection way nicer and more even .. I don't use foundation anymore, just powder. Honest.

nalani

I thought about trying that stuff! It would have been my main choice but for my fear of aging.
I went back to Bath & Body Works for more of the cleanser today. It really seems to be working. Even that zit that Rob so tactfully refers to as "indefeatable" is going away. I also got a coupon for a free bottle of the regenerating cream when I purchase something else. This coupon is good during the week of the 15th so by then I will have run out of moistizer so GOOD DEAL!

It's a three-step program: cleanser, toner and moisturizer with oil control. They do have other products you can buy (I *heart* the mask). The moisturizer is so clean and light, I definitely forget I have it on sometimes LOL

Leslie

Communistrator
Staff member
Tonksy, I haven't forgotten you, I have been sick so I haven't gone shopping yet.

I'll be out tomorrow so I'll grab it then. It's definitely worth a try.

simplyred

I never used to have sensitive skin but like you, since turning 30, it seemed like anything I tried just irritated my face. ProActive was the only stuff that not only cleared the acne but actually made my complection way nicer and more even .. I don't use foundation anymore, just powder. Honest.

I may have to try it. I quit wearing foundation around 30 anyway. I only use a little concealer on some of the breakout places. That alone helped get my face a little clearer.

Question...you know how when you start a new product, or get a facial, your face breaks out even worse for a bit? Supposedly because the impurities are coming out...did this happed with you when you started ProActive? I ask, because this will determine WHEN I would start it.

tonksy

That happened to me for a day or so when I started my new line. Very minor small red blemishes yet the skin looked healthier, weird huh? But I think it is as you say- getting out the impurities.

nalani

Question...you know how when you start a new product, or get a facial, your face breaks out even worse for a bit? Supposedly because the impurities are coming out...did this happed with you when you started ProActive? I ask, because this will determine WHEN I would start it.

Actually, with me it didn't. But the eldest skittle had a bad case of acne everywhere - face, shoulders and back - and when he started it, the really bad volcanic pimples got a bit redder then just dried up, but it wasn't scaley or crackly looking.

What I really like is that it comes to me every 60 days so I never have to go "dangit, I forgot to pick up my face stuff AGAIN" LOL .. I'm notorious for forgetting to refill things I need LOL.. and when I need it, I order some extras, like the mask.