Woman survives being impaled

Professur

ANDERSON, Ind. (AP) — A woman survived being impaled by a 12-foot metal fence post that pierced through her mouth and came out the back of her neck in a car accident, authorities said.

Emergency crews had to saw off part of the 11/2-inch thick fence rail to free Alejandra Martinez, who was still awake when crews arrived at the scene. Fire officials were shocked to find her alive.

“Talk about having an angel as a co-pilot,” Fire Chief J.R. Rosencrans said. “On her rearview mirror she had a picture of the Madonna. You can tell she is a religious person.”

Martinez, 28, was in critical condition late Monday, recovering from surgery, officials said.

Earlier Monday, Martinez drove through a stop sign at an intersection and hit another car, Anderson police spokesman Terry Sollars said. She then lost control, careened off the road and went through a chain-link fence.

The car hit a concrete porch, shoving it three feet back, Sollars said. The metal rod from the fence went through the driver’s side of the windshield, he said.

A passenger in the back seat was not injured.

Anderson is about 35 miles northeast of Indianapolis.

source

Need I say it? :blow: Naw, didn't think so.

Professur

It was 11.5" thick, and 12' long. She could be the freaking hunchback of Notre Dame for all I care.

MrBishop

“On her rearview mirror she had a picture of the Madonna. You can tell she is a religious person.”

No...you can tell that she was yet another idiot who doesn't give a fuck about other drivers on the road. She went through a stop sign fast enough that she was able to continue past a car she hit, through a fence and still have enough speed left over to shove a concrete post 3' back!

IMHO that post hit about 6" too low.

PrincessLissa

A teenager here in Colorado a few years ago was impaled by a 6 foot wooden fence post directly thorugh the abdomen and survived. They said it missed all of his internal organs by very very little.

Gato_Solo

Out-freaking-standing OTC member
MrBishop said:
“On her rearview mirror she had a picture of the Madonna. You can tell she is a religious person.”

No...you can tell that she was yet another idiot who doesn't give a fuck about other drivers on the road. She went through a stop sign fast enough that she was able to continue past a car she hit, through a fence and still have enough speed left over to shove a concrete post 3' back!

IMHO that post hit about 6" too low.

Yeah...but is she hot? :D

Professur

pic_38871.jpg

Did get a photo of the car.

Liliandra

Damn people are disturbing....My mom's roommate way back when was running a red light, when she realized it she stopped.....In the middle of the intersection, waiting for the rotorooter van to hit her.....Had my mom in the passenger side, you can guess which side was hit, nearly strangled that woman. :retard2: