Woman survives being impaled

Inkara1

staffrodore said:
Probably driving an SUV as well.
I still wonder why people cuss out SUV drivers as though they would suddenly start using turn signals and stop tailgating if they were behind the wheel of a Corolla.

AlphaTroll

Gato, maybe this is her
Ver_022305_300.jpg

(Just did a Google image search)

Gato_Solo

Out-freaking-standing OTC member
AlphaTroll said:
Gato, maybe this is her
Ver_022305_300.jpg

(Just did a Google image search)

I searched, too, but I doubt that's her. The Fox lady is still on the air, and has no tell-tale scars...:mope:

Altron

Inkara1 said:
I still wonder why people cuss out SUV drivers as though they would suddenly start using turn signals and stop tailgating if they were behind the wheel of a Corolla.

Yeah, but a Corolla isn't about to total your car if they hit you. A 3 ton SUV with wheels big enough to run over your car will.

Inkara1

But these people loop SUV drivers into a group, as though getting into an SUV instantly makes someone a bad driver and getting out of the SUV instantly makes that person a good driver again. I put forth the proposition that if you take a bad driver in an SUV and put him behind the wheel of a Corolla, he would still run red lights, cut people off on the freeway, tailgate and pass on the shoulder. Bad drivers are bad drivers no matter what car they drive, while people who cuss out SUV drivers are placing the blame on the vehicle instead of on the driver, where it belongs.

Altron

Inkara1 said:
But these people loop SUV drivers into a group, as though getting into an SUV instantly makes someone a bad driver and getting out of the SUV instantly makes that person a good driver again. I put forth the proposition that if you take a bad driver in an SUV and put him behind the wheel of a Corolla, he would still run red lights, cut people off on the freeway, tailgate and pass on the shoulder. Bad drivers are bad drivers no matter what car they drive, while people who cuss out SUV drivers are placing the blame on the vehicle instead of on the driver, where it belongs.

Yes, but it's easier to make stereotypes than bother going through the hassle of stalking someone and finding out their driving habits...

I don't think it's completely true about them being the same in a Corolla... I bet a lot of them like the obscenely high truck-driver seats, and that 'invincible king of the road' feeling from driving a 5000 lb monster.

HomeLAN

Altron said:
I bet a lot of them like the obscenely high truck-driver seats, and that 'invincible king of the road' feeling from driving a 5000 lb monster.

Yup. I've seen that transformation myself. He was careful when he was driving a Civic, but now that he's got a Ford Intimidator and he's sitting 5 feet high surrounded by 3 tons of steel, he just doesn't give a fuck.

SouthernN'Proud

Southern Discomfort
Idiot drivers will be idiots regardless of vehicle.

We own an Explorer. I'm probably more careful in that thing than I am in my 4X4 pickup.

chcr

Too cute for words
SouthernN'Proud said:

We own an Explorer. I'm probably more careful in that thing than I am in my 4X4 pickup.
Yeah, but you've probably heard the nomme de guerre "Exploder."

Altron

SouthernN'Proud said:

I'm not surprised... those things are so high up that they probably flip really easily.

SouthernN'Proud

Southern Discomfort
I'll be among the first to harass the suburban grocery shopping kid tax-ing SUV driving trophy mom who never gets her darling vehicle off a paved road. Here, it's a little different. We need four wheel drive at least part of the year. We also need a vehicle that three people can comfortably travel together in. Since my pickup isn't a king cab or what have you, an SUV is our most viable option. Trust me, I'd love to get rid of it, especially when I fill the damn thing up with gas. Such is one of the perils of living in the middle of nowhere.

tonksy

We were behind a woman driving a Lexus SUV on our main neighborhood street the other day. She actually slowed down to under 5 miles an hour to go over a tiny pothole.