WTF?

PT

Off 'Motherfuckin' Topic Elite
Ok, two days ago, you're removing flood control so we can spam away in the 10,000 post thread, and now it's closed? fury, you are going through deleting posts? WTF is going on?

fury

Administrator
Staff member
First, too much spam... I didn't realize people would take advantage of it and start overflooding, I removed it for a little while because I thought people were having to wait too long between posting legitimate replies after posting replies in the 10k thread, and I now realize that was a mistake.

Second, too much disgusting talk. We lost one potential member because of all of it, and were close to losing a regular member. The parties involved have all agreed to stop it and have requested that such talk be deleted, so I'm abiding by their request.

If you have a problem with it, don't hesitate to speak up.

Jeslek

Banned
To tell the truth, I do get out of line a lot... I'm a troublemaker I guess, weird too :) But have you considered some more mods to LL? Luis himself spammed the shit out of that thread, and no one ever moderated or warned us about our little "questionable messages"...

Scanty

I think it's a shame about the 10,000 thread, I really really do. In fact I might be close to having a strong opinion about it. :eek:

It was funny, man.

PT

I agree, granted, that thing is a good 70 - 75% spam, but we did have conversations in there too. I Really don't think it needed to be locked. I'm sorry, but the only reason I see to remove flood protection is to Allow people to spam, I think that clearly sent the wrong message to alot of people, me included. fury, You even posted in there, to me, that you had removed the flood protection and to post away. I just don't understand.

Edit: That was NOT agreeing with Justin, but I guess you figured that out.

fury

Administrator
Staff member
fury, You even posted in there, to me, that you had removed the flood protection and to post away. I just don't understand.
Like I just said, I hadn't predicted that people would take advantage of it in the way that they did.

Scanty

Wait a minute - just what is wrong with people making posts that MAYBE don't have much 'direction'???

I mean...this is taking the board a little too seriously. If the 'spamming' in the 10,000 was seriously offending someone, or ruining their life in some way, or having some other drastic effect then fine...but I doubt it is. It's nonsense, but it's harmless.

Plus..."it's original purposes"??

Okay so it was originally called the 1000 thread, but...who gives a flying fuck? This is only a forum, for god's sake. I know there has to be certain rules, but this just seems a bit pointless.
Seems like too many empty reasons to me...

btw, I'm only talking about the thread being locked, not the deleted posts.

PT

Scanty said:
Wait a minute - just what is wrong with people making posts that MAYBE don't have much 'direction'???

I mean...this is taking the board a little too seriously. If the 'spamming' in the 10,000 was seriously offending someone, or ruining their life in some way, or having some other drastic effect then fine...but I doubt it is. It's nonsense, but it's harmless.

Plus..."it's original purposes"??

Okay so it was originally called the 1000 thread, but...who gives a flying fuck? This is only a forum, for god's sake. I know there has to be certain rules, but this just seems a bit pointless.
Seems like too many empty reasons to me...

btw, I'm only talking about the thread being locked, not the deleted posts.

I agree with you completly, Scanty, I don't care if you think there are posts that are objectionable, and the person that posted them is the one that wanted them deleted, then fine. Delete them.

But to take away something like the 10,000 post thread is just stupid. You knew from the beginning that it would be spam, you really can't convince me otherwise that you didn't, all of you. So now you are going to get this "Better than thou" attitude and decide it needs closing? Whatever, you are the law around this place, and we will abide by the decisions you make, but just for the record, I'm not happy.

If an administrator makes a decision, it's for the greater good of the board & not to hurt any individual. fury made a decision, backed by most, if not all, of the mods & that needs to be respected. If you have questions, post them. If you wish to attack a member of the "staff", don't bother. :biker:

PT

Justintime said:
for the frickin record mate, the threads open, so you can stop the sermon.

Sorry Justin, don't take this shit personal, Ok?

Scanty

GOD ALMIGHTY said:
If you wish to attack a member of the "staff", don't bother. :biker:

No one's attacking anyone here, okay? We're just voicing opinions. If you really want to take it away then do it. We just won't agree with you. Fine.

And seriously Justin. Lighten up, mate :) We're arguing over a thread on an internet forum. How sad are we? :glasses3:

PT

GOD ALMIGHTY said:
If an administrator makes a decision, it's for the greater good of the board & not to hurt any individual. fury made a decision, backed by most, if not all, of the mods & that needs to be respected. If you have questions, post them. If you wish to attack a member of the "staff", don't bother. :biker:

Where did an Attack come in? I certainly didn't intend one, just stating facts, or is that not permissible either?

unclehobart

yeah... you blokes may have been discussing it behind closed doors for a few days and felt it to be a sound descision... but those of us outside of the know.. it hit like a ton of bricks without warning. We had no idea that things were felt to have gone awry. Usual action is to start with commentary to slide it back into form, followed by warnings, then isolation. I could have even accepted a thread in here outlying the extreme actions if admin would have done so before stuff started to disappear. It took a member to say 'WTF' before anyone knew what was happening. I don't disagree with the overall actions taken.. I just disagree with the lack of protocol.