WWJD

Status
Not open for further replies.

unclehobart

An easy retort to the whole cut and paste railing against Bush is easily laid against any government in time and history. Whatever hipocricises are being laid at the feet of Bush are easily 10-fold of those in the countries that we now fight. Perhaps God has sent Bush as a weapon of his bdding to keep balance in the world. There are a 1000 ways to point and counterpoint this thing to death.

Professur

I'm suprised noone's pointed out the obvious. First, that if Jesus (Christ) was president, you'd be a theorcracy, not a democracy. Second, depending on wether or not his divinity was evident or not, either the entire world would fall in line behind you, or you'd be so busy getting the shit bombed outta you that petty politics wouldn't matter a damn.

And third, if Jesus (insert latin-american here) was president, he'd more likely be passing laws openning the Us/Mexico border.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
chcr said:
"Long hair beard and sandals and a funky bunch of friends
Reckon they'd just nail him back up if he came down again."

Jesus was a Capricorn--Kris Kristofferson

:D

Written when???? ;)

flavio

Banned
catocom said:
Atheist?

I was just wondering, because I know you're not Christian. :shrug:
...and how do you know I'm not christian?

It doesn't seem like you are a christian...is that correct?

chcr

Too cute for words
Gonz said:
Written when???? ;)
Don't know when it was written. but it was the first album he realeased after Sunday Mornin' Comin' Down won all the awards in 1970 and 1971. Bet the A&R guys had a cow. :D

chcr

Too cute for words
Professur said:
I'm suprised noone's pointed out the obvious. First, that if Jesus (Christ) was president, you'd be a theorcracy, not a democracy. Second, depending on wether or not his divinity was evident or not, either the entire world would fall in line behind you, or you'd be so busy getting the shit bombed outta you that petty politics wouldn't matter a damn.

And third, if Jesus (insert latin-american here) was president, he'd more likely be passing laws openning the Us/Mexico border.
Actually, a lot of Mexican-Americans (you know, the actual legal citizens) are a great deal more adamant about keeping the illegals out than the white folk.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
chcr said:
Don't know when it was written. but it was the first album he realeased after Sunday Mornin' Comin' Down won all the awards in 1970 and 1971. Bet the A&R guys had a cow. :D

Mu mom bought it when released (on vinyl...remember that)...during the height of the (now failed) hippie revolucion

chcr

Too cute for words
Gonz said:
Mu mom bought it when released (on vinyl...remember that)...during the height of the (now failed) hippie revolucion
It was more toward the end of the hippie revolution. I had it on 8-track. :lloyd:

Oh, and if you're paying attention, are you expected to wear a tie to work and would you expect to be fired for wearing long hair or a moustache?

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
:laugh2:

Don't use Amazon as a reference point

Jesus was a Capricorn said:
Product Details

Audio CD (May 7, 1991)
Original Release Date: 1991
Number of Discs: 1
Label: Sony
Catalog Number: 47064

how about

Silver Tongued Devil & I
Release Date: October 25, 1990

catocom

flavio said:
...and how do you know I'm not Christian?

It doesn't seem like you are a christian...is that correct?
I have professed my Christianity many time one this board.
If you don't know I'm Christian, that means you haven't read many of my posts.

I haven't seen where you've professed any denomination.

Anyway...
I'm not, and didn't mean to sound demeaning in my statement in this tread,
about you, or whatever denomination you might be.
I have cordial relations with many people here that have differing, and even
opposing, or no denomination.
To me it seems most Christians can tell others are Christian.

BTW, I've notice something flav,
I've agreed with you one several things, (admitted to being wrong, and you right),
even pay somewhat of a complement to you a time or 2, but you only
seem to respond negatively, (or not at all) or to negative statements when more personal
things are addressed.
Why is that? Doy you just totally despise 'everyone' here?

flavio

Banned
catocom said:
I have professed my Christianity many time one this board.
If you don't know I'm Christian, that means you haven't read many of my posts.
I don't remember seeing any of those posts. I asked because you seem to support some things really aren't very christian.

I haven't seen where you've professed any denomination.
I was raised catholic but decided around 15-16 that it wasn't for me at all. I believe there is a lot of wisdom in the teachings of Jesus and other religions teachings but I think most organized religions have gone wrong somewhere.

I've also studied philosophy, meditation, and teachers like Krishnamurti.

So basically my beliefs come from good ideas from many different sources and my own analysis.

To me it seems most Christians can tell others are Christian.
I'd still like to know what in this thread made you think I wasn't christian.

you only
seem to respond negatively, (or not at all) or to negative statements when more personal
things are addressed.
In this case I didn't respond any more negatively than you had. I'd have to know what the other examples were to explain my reactions in other cases.

My apologies anyway.

flavio

Banned
flavio said:
So the current White House is communist then?

edit:

Actually, I think that would make all christians and their god communist too.
.....me runs off the track after Gonz.

simplyred

First of all I think if Jesus were President there would be no White House or "presidency" so to speak. Remember, Jesus lived a life of poverty. It would be no JOB title that he held. I believe he would handle our problems today much like he handled the problems of the past, with a calm easy spirit. He would gather a group of followers and they would travel spreading the good news of what was right and just. Come to think of it, we a Christians ARE that group of people. SO what is to stop US from spreading that word and in a sense, putting Jesus in the presidency?

flavio

Banned
simplyred said:
First of all I think if Jesus were President there would be no White House or "presidency" so to speak. Remember, Jesus lived a life of poverty. It would be no JOB title that he held.
Geeez, it's hypothetical question....no need for all that.

SO what is to stop US from spreading that word and in a sense, putting Jesus in the presidency?
Anti-communists if you believe Gonz.

Luis G

<i><b>Problemator</b></i>
Staff member
flavio said:
Geeez, it's hypothetical question....no need for all that.

Geeezzzzz, you say that as if she was ruining your crappy thread.

Luis G

Staff member
flavio said:
No, I say that as if there was no need for all that. Get that stick out of your ass.

*removes stick from ass

Now get that trunk out of yours.

Luis G

Staff member
attachment.php

Status
Not open for further replies.