Y'all come on back now, y'hear

catocom

Hate me...I could give a rat's-ass in most cases. :p
I personally don't see anything wrong with cock fighting, or training your dog to disable a hog.:shrug:
Just send me one of the hams.:D

Gato_Solo

Out-freaking-standing OTC member
Cock fighting, I believe, is legal in Mexico. I've been to panama, and it's legal there, for sure. I've been to Spain, and watched bull fights. What it boils down to is this...Eurocentric thinking. Remember that protestor that got gored by the bull she was trying to 'protect' a few years back?

Luis G

<i><b>Problemator</b></i>
Staff member
Gato_Solo said:
Cock fighting, I believe, is legal in Mexico. I've been to panama, and it's legal there, for sure. I've been to Spain, and watched bull fights. What it boils down to is this...Eurocentric thinking. Remember that protestor that got gored by the bull she was trying to 'protect' a few years back?

Yes, cock fights (aka palenques) are legal in Mexico. La fiesta brava is also legal.

Gato_Solo

Out-freaking-standing OTC member
SouthernN'Proud said:
Anytime you're ready, Gonz. Any time.

The practice of hating the South predates the Declaration of Independence. If you want to blame it on a cockfight, I hear they're taking new residents in Oakland. It has permeated the media, the textbooks, and the legislation for 350 years, longer than any chicken lives anywhere.

Try being black for a while. ;)

2minkey

bootlicker
SouthernN'Proud said:
Walk around here with me sometime and tell me I ain't invaded.

kind of a digression, but wasn't tennessee on of the earlier states to be "redeemed" after the war?

so, i'm curious, what are the signs and symbols of the invaders? (i'd imagine you might say strip malls and other things that may be owned by yanquis..?)

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
SouthernN'Proud said:
Walk around here with me sometime and tell me I ain't invaded.

Bred & born in Arizona. When most of the license plates are from outside the state I know the feeling but isn't the same. Snowbird Central...Will the last person out of Michgan please, turn off the lights...etc

SouthernN'Proud

Southern Discomfort
2minkey said:
kind of a digression, but wasn't tennessee on of the earlier states to be "redeemed" after the war?

so, i'm curious, what are the signs and symbols of the invaders? (i'd imagine you might say strip malls and other things that may be owned by yanquis..?)

Tennesse was the last state to secede and the first to apply for readmission. Meaning...nothing.

You'd imagine wrong.

Gonz said:
Bred & born in Arizona. When most of the license plates are from outside the state I know the feeling but isn't the same. Snowbird Central...Will the last person out of Michgan please, turn off the lights...etc

Indiana's just a rest stop on their way down here. Once they get here, the unending bitching, moaning, snottiness, and "Back home we do it THIS way..." starts. If I gave a flying fuck how it was done in Michigan, I'd ask. If I wanted it done that way, I'd go there. Instead of going there and insisting on it being just like it is here. If it was so damn wonderful take yer ass back and leave me alone. I like it here. I like things the way we do them. If you don't, allow me to take you somewhere far away.

One of the core issues of the 1860s...do it our way or we'll make you do it our way. Oh, you just want to do it your way? Want nothing more? Too fucking bad...Abe's got other ideas. Bastard.

2minkey

bootlicker
SouthernN'Proud said:
Tennesse was the last state to secede and the first to apply for readmission. Meaning...nothing.

You'd imagine wrong.

so you gonna answer my question or just be grumpy?

i'm really interested how i someone could see signs of invasion by walking around where you are.

2minkey

bootlicker
no, but if i get there i'll give you a shout. 90% chance i'll be in houston next week though. and i go to atlanta about 4-5 times per year... if i can see something in those places lemme know...

SouthernN'Proud

Southern Discomfort
I wouldn't lose any sleep over it then.

You can see lots of things in those places if you know what to look for. I guess. Never been to Texas, and haven't been to Atlanta in 30 years or so.