YAY!

PT

Off 'Motherfuckin' Topic Elite
I'm sure they'll just come out with something else even bigger and with more opportunities to accessorize.

Winky

Monster muscle cars in the 60's
Pintos and Vegas post Arab oil embargo
Yuppie Beemers then Soccer Mom Mini-Van's

SUV's

what's next your Dad's Oldsmobile?

PostCode

Major contributor!
Na. They'll start going after those three banger Geo next. You know, the ones that get 50+ to the gallon. After that it's bikes because to many people are skidding and the residue is polluting the ground water.

PT

Off 'Motherfuckin' Topic Elite
285971.1-lg.jpg

I'm not sure the wife and I could fit in there, besides the fact we'd need three more just to take the kids out to eat. So, 60mpg, times 4. 15 mpg net. Huh. That's about what my Suburban gets.

Leslie

Communistrator
Staff member
I saw one of those around Hallowe'en time.

It looked very silly bootin down the lane in the parkin lot I must say :lloyd:

Luis G

<i><b>Problemator</b></i>
Staff member
We've had the smart for years, it is really small and expensive. With that money I'd buy a mini anyday instead.

SouthernN'Proud

Southern Discomfort
Those square things Honda makes (I think it's Honda) are just about the dumbest looking things I have ever seen on the road. If you're in the market for a vehicle that just screams, "I have no flair in my life, no originality, and no desire to ever be anything except a statistic", there's the ride for you, man. I thought nothing would ever top the Volkswagon Thing, but of course...

s_thing2.jpg

tonksy

you can't haul a tree or a barbie doll house in a mini. come to think of it i doubt you could fit 2 infant carseats in a mini.

Gato_Solo

Out-freaking-standing OTC member
SouthernN'Proud said:
Those square things Honda makes (I think it's Honda) are just about the dumbest looking things I have ever seen on the road. If you're in the market for a vehicle that just screams, "I have no flair in my life, no originality, and no desire to ever be anything except a statistic", there's the ride for you, man. I thought nothing would ever top the Volkswagon Thing, but of course...

Toyota makes one, too, under the Scion brand...Looks like this...

Scion-Xb-2004-side-110.jpg

Every time I see one, I have a sudden urge to look inside the box to see what kind of car it really is. :D

Luis G

<i><b>Problemator</b></i>
Staff member
tonksy said:
you can't haul a tree or a barbie doll house in a mini. come to think of it i doubt you could fit 2 infant carseats in a mini.

I don't like the mini either, I was just pointing out how extreme is my disgust with the smart ;)

MrBishop

Feh...they all beat the Reneault Kango, which is what I ended up driving around France and Spain with :p
Kango4.jpg

BeardofPants

tonksy said:

Jaysus, how big are your car-seats over there? :confused: My mother managed fine with me and my little brother each in our respective car-seats. :shrug:

DFisherman

I miss my Renault 5. Sweet little car in the city. Cost next to nothing to run, could park anywhere. And it was such a lemon that no thief would touch it. Ran it for years until the road calcium got to the body panels. Ah well, C'est la vie.

- DFisherman

DFisherman

SouthernN'Proud said:

s_thing2.jpg

If I remember rightly, these were the civilian version of the post-war Kubelwagen. The Wermach equivalent to the Willys Jeep. Or is it a later model?

Cheers,

- DFisherman

Gato_Solo

Out-freaking-standing OTC member
DFisherman said:
If I remember rightly, these were the civilian version of the post-war Kubelwagen. The Wermach equivalent to the Willys Jeep. Or is it a later model?

Cheers,

- DFisherman

Later model, without the AWD platform. Basically a squared-off Super Beetle.

tonksy

BeardofPants said:
Jaysus, how big are your car-seats over there? :confused: My mother managed fine with me and my little brother each in our respective car-seats. :shrug:
not overly big but the states has specific laws and mandates as to the size of the seat and how long your child is to be in one. i remember that my sentra had almost no room after the 2 seats were in the back.

Inkara1

tonksy said:
not overly big but the states has specific laws and mandates as to the size of the seat and how long your child is to be in one. i remember that my sentra had almost no room after the 2 seats were in the back.
5 years and 50 pounds, right?