YAY!

tonksy

Inkara1 said:
5 years and 50 pounds, right?
i think it's 70 lbs and a certain amount of height...but i think it's an either or thing. either you weigh enough or you are tall enough.

ClaireBear

Banned
Luis G said:
We've had the smart for years, it is really small and expensive. With that money I'd buy a mini anyday instead.

Yup here in Blighty too...

The new C4 ... I think thats it is slightly larger with more boot space....

Anyone over the pond ever seen a Fiat Siaccento... now they are small. 'Bout the same size as the Smart but much less pricey.

I'm so pleased that Blighty have moved away from the "big is best" car addage... big is definitely NOT best... it guzzles petrol/gas like its going out of fashion, parking is a nightmare and inner town manouverability... forget it!

Give me a compact with short body length any day!

ClaireBear

Banned
DFisherman said:
I miss my Renault 5. Sweet little car in the city. Cost next to nothing to run, could park anywhere. And it was such a lemon that no thief would touch it. Ran it for years until the road calcium got to the body panels. Ah well, C'est la vie.

- DFisherman

My parents had a Renault 5 when I was little... DF you're betraying you age! :D ;)

DFisherman

ClaireBear said:
My parents had a Renault 5 when I was little... DF you're betraying you age! :D ;)

In my defense, it was a used vehicle. A 1984 that I acquired in 1991 and drove until 1996.

If that's betraying my age, I better not mention my first car being a 1977 Plymouth Arrow...ah, bugger.

Cheers,

- DFisherman

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
50 miles to the gallons,
with their knees on their chest,
They didn't get far but they
made up for all the rest..

In a Yugo.

Gato_Solo

Out-freaking-standing OTC member
DFisherman said:
In my defense, it was a used vehicle. A 1984 that I acquired in 1991 and drove until 1996.

If that's betraying my age, I better not mention my first car being a 1977 Plymouth Arrow...ah, bugger.

Cheers,

- DFisherman

Could be worse...my first car was a 1976 Chevy Nova...my second was a 1974 Toyota Corolla, my third was a 1983 Chevy Chevette, my fourth...a Caravan, my fifth, a 1985 Camry, my present 2 are a 1988 Audi 90 Quattro, and a 1998 Chrysler Sebring. At one point, I almost bought a GLH...but the insurance would've made the car overpriced...

ClaireBear

Banned
DFisherman said:

Cheers,

- DFisherman

The model my parents had was slightly older and was a rather fetching metalic mint green...

To me men are like fine wines and high quality cheese... aging simply improves them and maturation makes them stronger... not to mention the fact that they taste an aweful lot better :brow: :D

HomeLAN

tonksy said:
i think it's 70 lbs and a certain amount of height...but i think it's an either or thing. either you weigh enough or you are tall enough.

Under the new law, anybody under 6 has to be in a car seat or booster seat.

DFisherman

ClaireBear said:
The model my parents had was slightly older and was a rather fetching metalic mint green...

To me men are like fine wines and high quality cheese... aging simply improves them and maturation makes them stronger... not to mention the fact that they taste an aweful lot better :brow: :D

But like wine and cheese, you take your chances the longer they age. After a while it's all vinegar and sourness. The trick is to find the right age.

Cheers,

- DFisherman

DFisherman

ClaireBear said:
The model my parents had was slightly older and was a rather fetching metalic mint green...D

Mine was grey which I eventually had repainted metalic forest (deep) green. I better stop thinking about it, for I am getting stupidly nostalgic about a chunk of steel and rubber.

Cheers,

- DFisherman

Winky

No! DF Dood!!!

Ever one list em'
1963 Ford Falcon convertible 170 cu inline six banger with two speed slush-o-matic!
1974 Ford Pinto 2.0 Liter four speed Weeeee Boom!
(Wiffie had a 1976 Chevette!)
Worked as a field Tech and they gave me brand new a Mazda GLC
Two of them actually. Racked up 14 points on my license and over 300K miles on them.
1987 Ford Mustang 2.3L purchased new in 87 Still have it still drive it goin' on 315,000 miles.
1986 Ford Mustang 2.3L
1996 Ford Probe
1992 Ford Mustang 5.0 convertible still have
1998 Ford Contour SVT. Still have!
Can ya say 'Ferd' Man?

Winky

Oh I forgot to mention not ONE
of those (well the falcon) had auto-trans
Automatic transmissions are the devil! lol

DFisherman

Winky said:
No! DF Dood!!!

Can ya say 'Ferd' Man?

Not really. It always comes out as "Fix Or Repair Daily".

Cheers,

- DFisherman

P.S.: On a side note, I have an uncle who retired just a few years ago that worked 37 years at the Ford St-Thomas plant in Ontario, making models like the Lincoln Continental.

Winky

"First On Race Day"

Dang that's a long time to be makin' cars huh?

How does he pass his time now?

Gato_Solo

Out-freaking-standing OTC member
Q: Why did all Yugo's have heated rear glass?

A: So your hands didn't get cold while you were pushing them. :lol2:

chcr

Too cute for words
Winky said:
Monster muscle cars in the 60's
Pintos and Vegas post Arab oil embargo
Yuppie Beemers then Soccer Mom Mini-Van's

SUV's

what's next your Dad's Oldsmobile?

They already stopped making Oldsmobiles.