Yipeee! I´m not a Newbie anymore!

Leslie

Communistrator
Staff member
Well, I figured that, but did you think that *shhh, whisper "americans"* would call it petrol? I'dve thought it would've been gas. Hmm, live and learn :D

unclehobart

I'm the only yank talking to a pack of Canadians and English. I am just modifying my linguistics to suit the audience at hand. I can say 'gas' per normal ... but someone might think I was speaking of a burp or a methane emission.

aye true! innit yo?
oi! geeza, whats you doin callern gas petrol aye? bollox mate, yous gotta stick ta ya tradition yo ;)

nodnod

Gas is 75.9 cents a litre here (Nova Scotia, Canada). I guess americans don't now what a litre is though. A litre is ummmm... uhhhh... well there are 3.785 litres in a gallon :D

nodnod

1.30 a gallon? that would work out to 34.3 cents a litre which is still cheaper than here by about 12 cents american a litre.

Leslie

Communistrator
Staff member
here we're about 65c, fairly steady. :( I still have oil heat though so I'm deeply concerned now with the Middle East stuff :eek:

I stopped watching the news. How is Argentina doing now, unc? ;)

Gato_Solo

Out-freaking-standing OTC member
Argentina is still a question mark. Venezuela, otoh, has their tinpot despot back after a 5 day hide-out he took. As a result, oil prices surged again, and, soon, the price of gasoline will rise again as well. Perhaps the US should start buying more oil from Mexico...