Yo, Prof!

Professur

Doesn't have any favorite music. And she's already got tons of CDs of crashing waves and blowing wind. (fucking nonsense). And there's no way in hell I'm gonna ride something 10 times my size, with a brain capable of telling it that it might not want to do what I tell it.

Gato_Solo

Out-freaking-standing OTC member
Professur said:
Doesn't have any favorite music. And she's already got tons of CDs of crashing waves and blowing wind. (fucking nonsense). And there's no way in hell I'm gonna ride something 10 times my size, with a brain capable of telling it that it might not want to do what I tell it.

Then I guess going to the opera is out of the question. :D How about a week-end camping trip. A nice isolated cabin by a cold mountain stream (to chill the wine) the kids sent off with a relative...

Professur

Um, we have a cottage by a cold mountain lake that we go to most weekends. Not exactly a present idea.

SouthernN'Proud

Southern Discomfort
Hell, as crotchety as yer gettin, how about you just go somewhere and give her a break for a weekend? (I say that in a nice way...)

What to get for the woman who has everything...hmmm. I thought AE was tough to buy for, and she is, but...

Has she dropped you any hints that got through?

Gato_Solo

Out-freaking-standing OTC member
SouthernN'Proud said:
Hell, as crotchety as yer gettin, how about you just go somewhere and give her a break for a weekend? (I say that in a nice way...)

What to get for the woman who has everything...hmmm. I thought AE was tough to buy for, and she is, but...

Has she dropped you any hints that got through?

Buy her some earrings. Works with my wife every time...but I figured prof to be more into doing something than giving something. :shrug:

Professur

Gato_Solo said:
Buy her some earrings. Works with my wife every time...but I figured prof to be more into doing something than giving something. :shrug:

Earrings could work. But she's got very sensitive ears. I used to have a place on the Ottawa run that I'd stop in at that had surgical implant quality earrings (piercing studs), but I can't get to it anymore. That strands me with 14+k gold. And she's a little careless where jewelery is concerned.

I'm thinking I might just have to follow homelan's lead and get her a digital camera.

greenfreak

Somehow, I think anything we could suggest would be lame because we really don't know her like you do. After this many years, I'm sure it's not easy to do something unique without repeating.

My best advice to you is to not only think of things that she likes, but to think of things that she doesn't like and do something to "fix" them. Besides you, what does she complain about? :D Is she tired of her clothes? Buy her a shopping spree. You know, that kind of thing. I mean, you need to supplement the necessity with the nice stuff like the earrings.

Do you ever get dressed up and go out? Dinner, dancing, a show, a night in the city? C'mon, don't just copy Steve's presents to his wife. ;)

Leslie

Communistrator
Staff member
The only think I can come up with is still a Gift Cert for a spa thingie, so if you need to be cheapish, just one thing. Like a facial. Maybe enough for two so she can take someone with her if possible. Tell her she deserves it cause she works so hard for you all and all that rot.