You get what you pay for

BeardofPants

AllEars' said:
Mayo. Has to be Kraft mayo. I don't want the mircale whip or any of that other stuff. Just give me my Kraft mayo and I will be happy. :)

We make our own. And it rocks, if I don't mind saying so. :swing:

Sharky

chcr said:
Ice Cream. There are several good premium brands, but stay away form the cheap stuff.

:headbang:

I won't buy the super-premium brands like Haagen-Dazs, but I don't mind paying extra for Blue Bell, because they use high-grade ingredients, and it shows.

Tires. Cheap tires are lumpy, wear unevenly, and don't last as long as premium brand tires.

Carpet. Premium carpet is denser, more colorfast, and wears better than the cheap stuff.

House paint. For obvious reasons.

Power tools, hand tools, garden tools. You get what you pay for, generally.

catocom

Power tools....
I've been waiting to post this, I just kept forgetting... :D
In this pictur is a green screwdriver I bought 2 years ago at lowes.
$15
below it the new upgraded on .....SAME price. :banana:

ClaireBear

Banned
My white rum has to be Bacardi...

Not "Havana tropical"
Not "Bikini" (thats a real one!.... believe me!)
etc, etc, etc...

But then thats at the beginning of the night... towards the end I could be (and probably am at the price!) drinking lighter fuel. :p

Gato_Solo

Out-freaking-standing OTC member
:hmm: My choices in adult beverages is specific in bourbon (Jack Daniels or Jim Beam), gin (Seagrams), and whiskey (Crown Royal). Rum is pretty much anything on sale. It's all the same to me (distilled sugar cane). ;)

HomeLAN

Appleton does, indeed, beat the hell out of Bacardi. OTOH, rum is a last resort kinda booze, anyway. Just barely ahead of gin.

SouthernN'Proud

Southern Discomfort
A bartender friend of mine long ago enlightened me on some things.

I will never again pay for Jim Beam or Jack Daniel's bourbon. Most bars use Bourbon Falls unless a specific brand is requested. I cannot taste the difference between it and the top shelf bourbons, and it's almost half the price. I will splurge for Southern Comfort, but otherwise it just ain't worth it to me.

Same with vodka. On rare occasion I will bite the bullet and buy Skyy, but otherwise it's the stuff bars use (got it written down in a bartender's guide at home, disremember the brand right off).

Rum is rum is rum to me. I don't like gin or scotch, so that's not an issue with me.

Tequilla...I swore off cheap tequilla years ago. I might buy a bottle every five years, so when I do I usually get Cuervo. It, at least, has never made me want to wrestle a chain saw (yet), unlike Two Fingers et al.

My favorite drink to mix at home is melonball. I use only Midori melon liquere (sp?) for them. The cheap stuff doesn't taste right. Midori, vodka, and pineapple juice in the right combination....yummmm!

ClaireBear

Banned
HomeLAN said:
Appleton does, indeed, beat the hell out of Bacardi. OTOH, rum is a last resort kinda booze, anyway. Just barely ahead of gin.

Thats because Bacardi is a woman's drink only slightly beaten in the "get cought quaffing this in your local and you dead" stakes by Gin!

Gin is "mother's ruin"

Bacardi is "daughter's ruin"... Gin drinkers in training! :D

HomeLAN

Yeah, but I'm not sure that's what he was referring to. If so, I have no buyer's remorse. It's the right car, and I'm still ecstatic every time I turn the key.

PostCode

Major contributor!
Foldgers

And she dares not change it else a storm will rise and come forth through thy house with great devastation.

Professur

HomeLAN said:
Yeah, but I'm not sure that's what he was referring to. If so, I have no buyer's remorse. It's the right car, and I'm still ecstatic every time I turn the key.

Sorry, but that's exactly what I was referring to. I'll try to have some ulterior motive next time.