You knew the rules...

MrBishop

Therefore, the school requires that at least one parent be a confessing Christian and active in the local Christian church.

I don't see where it says that neither parent attends the church or is active in the local church?..or is the school-board assumuning that the local church wouldn't accept someone in a lesbian relationship?

SouthernN'Proud

Southern Discomfort
1. It's a private school. They can decide who attends and who doesn't.

2. Both parents cannot be lesbians. It's a biological fact. Both adult caregivers might be, and might do a damn fine job, but they are not both parents. Like it or not, a male had to be involved somewhere in this process.

BlurOfSerenity

SouthernN'Proud said:

2. Both parents cannot be lesbians. It's a biological fact. Both adult caregivers might be, and might do a damn fine job, but they are not both parents. Like it or not, a male had to be involved somewhere in this process.

1:
true, i was about to say that myself.

and
2: there might not have been a male actively involved, as in the case of artificial insemination.

and my additional thought:

..." to promote discipleship of Jesus Christ as defined by the Bible and consistent with historical Christianity." -- the article

hmmm, "historical" christianity. i guess that's that one that's not like the bible, the one where jesus pushes people away instead of loving them.

MrBishop

SouthernN'Proud said:

1. Sure...and they're trying to promote Christian living and hopefully do so by getting as many kids as possible into their program. I suppose the girl could always find another school.

2. Sperm donation doth not a parent make..hell, sex doth not a parent make. If the biological father is out of the picture for whatever reason (death, donation or other) he certainly ain't a parent to this girl. Recent innovationions to artificial fertility means that two ova can be used instead of one sperm and one ova. It means only female babies but...

All that being said...if the school doesn't want her, she could always go elsewhere. Their loss.

Inkara1

You can make a baby from two eggs now? Doesn't that seem like taking the "playing God" thing a little too far?

unclehobart

:shrug: Its a private institution. They should be able to police their members and set rules as they see fit. If they violate the rules that they argeed to then they shouldn't wait for the door to hit them on the ass on the way out. the alternative is what?.. letting the Feds control every little aspect of your life? No thanks.

freako104

Stob wrote that school policy requires that at least one parent may not engage in practices "immoral or inconsistent with a positive Christian life style, such as cohabitating without marriage or in a homosexual relationship," The Los Angeles Times reported in Friday's edition.

Those are the rules and it is a private school not to mention a Christian school. It can enforce rules like that. Had this been a public school it would be different . Since it was not the school could make those rules and abide by the morals that they believe in

unclehobart

SouthernN'Proud said:
The day you can derive sperm from a female, you have an argument; not until.
They were probabaly working on that until outright cloning took over the front runner position. Don't put it past the beaker and test tube community to muck with anything and everything.

Winky

Daumn straight!
She was booted and it was a good thang!
The reason there are private schools is so
ya can choose not to send yer tots to school
to be thrown in with the Pre-verts of society!!!

Dykes on Trikes
Suzy has two Mommies

Gato_Solo

Out-freaking-standing OTC member
chcr said:
Remember when this used to be America?

Yep. I also remember when people actually abided by the rules of a private institution, instead of trying to circumvent them.

chcr

Too cute for words
Gato_Solo said:
Yep. I also remember when people actually abided by the rules of a private institution, instead of trying to circumvent them.
I guess that'd be back when blacks and jews weren't allowed in "better" clubs, huh?