"You learn something new every day"

Mirlyn

catocom said:
I saw, just a minute ago, that the freeze warning on accuweather,
is dipping all the way down to Mobile AL tonight. :eek:
Heard tonight that it got down to 18F/-7C here last night.

Altron

I learned by proxy that IDE hard drives are definetly not hot swappable. Previously I was 95% sure, but my friend tried it and it blew out the motherboard IDE controller.

AlphaTroll

I learned that, no matter what goes wrong and where in the world it may be happening...it's my fault (seriously - just ask my arsehole clients).

Yup - that big freakin' hole in the ozone...all my fault - so you all stop blaming the New Zeeland sheep and their deadly farts.
Also (I finally admit) - the pea crisis in Baghdad...that's me too.
The prince of Wales's serious lack of personality (and his constant constipation) - yes me!

Dave

AlphaTroll said:
I learned that, no matter what goes wrong and where in the world it may be happening...it's my fault (seriously - just ask my arsehole clients).

Yup - that big freakin' hole in the ozone...all my fault - so you all stop blaming the New Zeeland sheep and their deadly farts.
Also (I finally admit) - the pea crisis in Baghdad...that's me too.
The prince of Wales's serious lack of personality (and his constant constipation) - yes me!
i was wondering who took that job after i left it...

MrBishop

I learned that the quasi-yogic position which MrsBish must assume a few tiems per day to persuade the baby to turn his/her head down is extremely similar to the position she assumed to get the baby in there in the first place :D

BlurOfSerenity

"learn something new every day" is one of my favorite mottos for myself. i even wrote it on a tshirt. (and i wrote "dare to be different" on the back, another favorite)
today i watched i love the 80's and learned about the 80's!!
but the day is still young, and there is more to learn.

Mare

I learned yesterday in work that a smile and alittle conversation CAN really make a lonely old persons day!

Oh, and not to mention, it works well on getting a better tip. :devious:

greenfreak

In my search for information about the moon, how to photograph it, etc I also found that the moon rises 50 minutes later every night than it did the night before. So last night I saw it at 5:30pm, on my way home from work. Tonight it doesn't rise until 6:20pm.

I am damn glad I read that. I was preparing to drive straight to the place I wanted to photograph it at 4:30 when I leave work. :retard: