"You learn something new every day"

greenfreak

I think I'm going to learn another something new because I have no idea what a plam is. I do have a program named "Starry Night Backyard" or something like it. It's very very cool.

Rusty and I were all gung ho about it two years ago, we bought a telescope and a stargazer permit for the beach. The telescope is now collecting dust and the permit expired. :shrug:

Professur

A plam is the proper name for a Palm OS-based plam-top computer, AKA a Palm Pilot ( which was the name of the very first model. All the ones since get called palm pilots, but they're really not)

You need a permit to use a telescope? So much for your vaunted revolution.

BlurOfSerenity

i have a moonphase thing on my palm, i also have a program called "riseset" but i can't figure it out, it's really scientific and i'm really not, lol.
i always felt blessed to come from a family who likes stargazing. my dad's a telescope geek. my parents are the types to wake up at 4am to watch meteor showers, lol.

greenfreak

Ah ok, never heard that term before. The permits were for access to ocean beaches that usually close at sunset. Stargazers can park for free and use the beaches at night where everyone else will get thrown out.

Altron

HeXp£Øi± said:
I learned from my six your old today that the heart of a brontosaurus was the size of a grizzly bear. :eek8:

Can anyone explain the fascination with dinosaurs that most kids that age have?

From the ages of 6-9, I lived for dinosaurs. I had dinosaur toys. I watched dinosaur TV shows. I read dinosaur books. My favorite class was science, because the teacher would talk about dinosaurs. During the time my Favorite Movie Ever went from The Land Before Time to Jurassic Park, both dinosaur-based.

Winky

pamela_anderson_thumb1.jpg