You profane MOTHERFU@#$R?????

Oz

I swear a lot :blush:

I blame not having a very large vocalallabry..........vocalblirary

shite

Not knowing many posh words! :cuss:

chcr

Too cute for words
Swearing was a part of my day to day vocabulary for years. In the last five, I've worked mostly in an office full of women, so I stopped. When I'm hanging out with the guys I fall right back into it, though.

Dave

having worked with mostly women for the past 7 or so years, i can safely say the women are more perverted and disgusting than the men. you should hear some of the shit that comes out of their mouths.... :D

chcr

Too cute for words
having worked with mostly women for the past 7 or so years, i can safely say the women are more perverted and disgusting than the men. you should hear some of the shit that comes out of their mouths.... :D
Sure they are. The boss just doesn't think we should swear in front of them.

My wife says that I raise swearing to a whole new level when I'm working on a car or learning a new song. Interestingly, I hardly swear at all when I'm fixing or building a computer.

peterska2

bleach said:
I swear a lot :blush:

I blame not having a very large vocalallabry..........vocalblirary

shite

Not knowing many posh words! :cuss:

vocabulary is the word you wanted there bleachy.

don't worry though. I have my uses as a dictionary sometimes.

tonksy

i was a sailor. i worked on a ship full of sailors. most of them men. i have learned phrases colorful enough to redden the ears of professional football coaches. i always enjoy learning new and shocking uses of the english language - call it educational research.

peterska2

tonks said:
i was a sailor. i worked on a ship full of sailors. most of them men. i have learned phrases colorful enough to redden the ears of professional football coaches. i always enjoy learning new and shocking uses of the english language - call it educational research.

now why doesnt that surprize me?

DjRocca

Surprisingly, i NEVER swore, like anything, Fuck resorted to Fudge, shit was changed to shite. but like a month ago ive been with my "Swearing friendS" , the friends that are hilarious by swearing. and it started to affect me.....sigh.

But my family doesnt swear much...we're in the norm. ;)

Mare

tonks said:
NONONO! if they have never heard these words or had them explained, believe me, as soon as they hear these words from their friends - they'll be saying them.
I agree tonks-Yes i swear around my kids-then sit and thinks oops... But if you dont explain some things to them or certain words, iand they hear them from school mates or on the streets, then they may get the wrong conception or definition of the words being used. And My 3 yr old is a parrot and he does repeat what i say, and its hard to tell him its wrong cus he hears mom saying it. My 9yr old is into asking me what certain words mean. For example: I have to go to these classes in Camden NJ, not a nice place, and i was explaining some of the druggies i seen that day, I was explaining about this methodone(spelling??) clinic i passed and my 9yr old asked me what it was, so then perceded to tell him about herion (spelling??) and how ppl take this other med to get off that one. Just shame have to explain it to him-and him over hearing the convo but??? I would rather explain to him than someone else.
BUT, thats my opinion... :)

Luis G

<i><b>Problemator</b></i>
Staff member
I swear when i'm with my friends, I rarely do it when i'm with my family or with my gf.

Starya

I swear. A lot. Not in daily conversations.. no wait. I do, only those words are hardly considered swearing around here.

When my kid was little, I would ignore it completely if he said something "nice". I don't he really got what was so special with those words because of that, because he never used them in kindergarten or school. Now that he is ten, he will swear when bumping his toe or similar. I don't react to that. If he resorts to namecalling I do -that is NOT allowed. If he uses curse words in every day conversations, I usually just have to glance at him (or cough..) and he rephrases.