Your bloodline...

HeXp£Øi±

Anyone in your family who is well known?
The only one i know of is William the Conqueror of the house of Norman of whom i'm a direct decendant and who was so fat when he died that it's said he had to be buried in a piano case.

Raven

Annoying SOB
Earl of Leeds shared my family name. However it i hard to trace as my name is an anglicism of the Irish word for Fox. There were three Fox bloodlines from Ireland who moved to Scotland where my family has been for centuries. One of them predates the bible!

alex

I don't know of any famous people in my bloodline but after a family reunion (mom's side) a couple of years ago, I became really interested in my family tree. One of my Aunts brought a bunch of old pics that she had aquired from a recently deceased very old family member. I have pics of my grandparents 9 generations back.

MrBishop

Wouldn't matter if I traced my name back and found an Earl or a Duke... my family name is a "Given" name..that is...it was given to my family without benefit of a request, when my Mohawk family became 'civilized' by the church.

That's my father's side. My Mom's side...I've never checked, but I think that I must be related somehow to Napoleon. It's something about this recurring itch that I have on my left chest.

tr-napoleon.jpg

rrfield

Two on my Dad's side...

Related to Czech royalty sometime, way back in the 1800s? I never really looked into it, just took my grandpa's word for it.

Also, my grandpa's step cousin is Tommy Thompson, former govenor or Wisconsin and current Health and Human Services director for G.W.

Both very far removed from myself :)

rrfield

Mirlyn

I'm related to my grandparents. :tardbang:

My dad's side ends after my great-great grandparents. The big Chicago fire destroyed all the records beyond that. My mom's side is from a now-nonexistant town in Germany.

greenfreak

Supposedly, Pope John Paul (Roncali) was related to me. Not the current Pope... The other guy. :D

My Mother says I was related to my Assistant Principal in my high school somehow. We didn't know until I kept getting in trouble and he kept calling my mother and she finally asked the origins of his last name.

HeXp£Øi±

Which team Flav?

Spirit, Munch? Wow!! One of the greatest expressionists of all time. The scream was one of my favorites in high school.

TheScream_jpg.jpg

Stop Laughing

Somewhere like 6 or 8 generations down my line was Count Domnovsky of Prussia.

My aunt, Jean Rosone, won an emmy for the costumes for the costumes in a Christmas special several years ago. Her most recent work was on the TV show 24.

I'm also related to the artist Jean Claude Gaugy. One of my mother's cousins is married to him, and we own a couple of his carvings, worth quite a bit too.

Genna

Um, I think Tony Bennett is my Dad's cousin.

My cousin is married to Chuck Knoblauch [baseball player for the Kansas City Royals I think. Used to be on the Yankees.]