Your concerns for the 2004 presidency

Gato_Solo

Out-freaking-standing OTC member
1. Term limits on all elected positions. If you've served in such a position for 8 years, it's time to move on. More than that time period, and you no longer truly care. You're pandering.
2. No more social services except for Social Security...and, then, only if you've paid into it. Anything else is a 'touchy-feely' program which has a sole purpose of getting someone, who doesn't deserve it, re-elected. If you feel so strongly about helping the poor and downtrodden, reach into your wallet and hand out cash. It's always easier to spend someone elses money, isn't it?
3. Flat tax rate. 'nuff said.
4. Spend no more than what you earn. No government loans, no government credit. If citizens spent money like the government, how many of us would be in jail right now?

Today, the only difference between a conservative and a liberal is this...Liberals will tell you how nice you are when they steal your money. Conservatives just steal it.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
Gato said:
Today, the only difference between a conservative and a liberal is this...Liberals will tell you how nice you are when they steal your money. Conservatives just steal it.

Exceptionally close. Republicans steal it. Conservatives don't want it.

rrfield

Gonz said:
Exceptionally close. Republicans steal it. Conservatives don't want it.

Close again ;) Republicans steal it. Conservatives steal it and give it to "faith based' programs. Libertarians don't want it.

rrfield

ris

i'd rather bush2 wasn't in still as i don't think he's necessarily the best man for the job that the us can offer, but at the end of the day i doubt the next president either way will make much difference.

my main concern for 2004 is that the continued attacks in iraq lead to a rushed exit by coalition forces that leaves an iraq ripe for further abuse and corruption. if this is the case then it will leave many in the islamic (and wider) world disolutioned with the us and uk leave an unsecure and unstable iraq that could easily become a haven for terrorist organisations.

chcr

Too cute for words
The presidents job is not so much to wield power as to draw attention away from the people who do, ris.

freako104

i tought it was to draw attention away from what they are really doing? you know they bomb a country all the while drawing attention away from that

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
ris said:
i'd rather bush2 wasn't in still as i don't think he's necessarily the best man for the job that the us can offer,

That's because the best person for the job is smart enough to not want it. With all the power & prestige that encompasses the Presidency, their life is essentially over upon election, including afterwards. Secret Service 24/7 for life sounds awful.

Considering the alternative possibilities, I think he was the right man for the job, at the moment. He's determined to "save us" despite ourselves & not many men would do that. It's politically too hot. There are far better choices but he's the best we had.

Green Stickers

i wish i could just pick up and leave for NZ now.
i answered all the questions and got the black lady.
she won't win, but it's a nice thought.

many people say that i am a liberal because i don't like bush, but the truth is, their a bunch of rich fat-asses who are sometimes worse than republicans.
still i don't want to "waste" my one vote, so it looks like democrat for me.

ahh tis frustrating.
im gonna go home and drink until i forget it all :drink:

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
I ended up with, surprise, George. Almost had Liberman until he didn't serve.