0.568 261 25 liter of beer?

Did you miss the point? We got to the moon in the first place using the metric system. While most of the rest of the country was using the "English" system the military was already using the metric system. How many "klicks" (short for kilometers, in case you didn't know) to the LZ in Viet Nam? The National Bureau of Standards adopted it in 1960. NASA used military standards and terminology.

The current engineering fiascos are a result of a broken education system, nothing to do with the slide rule or the metric system. If can't figure out where the decimal belongs, it hardly matters whether you're using a slide rule, calculator or computer now, does it? You're still not going to know.

I love you chic. :D

There is nothing at all dumbed down about the metric system. If we switched it might take all of a year for the whole nation to get used to it. It would make calculations faster and more efficicient, and productivity could increase, seems pretty smart to me. It's just one more way conservatives have of clinging to their precious past, The message is fear change.

There is nothing at all dumbed down about the metric system. If we switched it might take all of a year for the whole nation to get used to it. It would make calculations faster and more efficicient, and productivity could increase, seems pretty smart to me. It's just one more way conservatives have of clinging to their precious past, The message is fear change.

Jeez, we agree. :eek:

Now whip out your big 25.4-centimeter... record...

Yeah, just doesn't work.

Attack of the 15.24-meter woman...

Yeah, just doesn't work.

Happy birthday to you... and a pinch to grow 2.54 centimeters.

Yeah, just doesn't work.

Give 2.54 centimeters, they'll take 1.609 kilometers.

Yeah, just doesn't work.

:D

Now whip out your big 25.4-centimeter... record...

Yeah, just doesn't work.

Attack of the 15.24-meter woman...

Yeah, just doesn't work.

Happy birthday to you... and a pinch to grow 2.54 centimeters.

Yeah, just doesn't work.

Give 2.54 centimeters, they'll take 1.609 kilometers.

Yeah, just doesn't work.

:D

Know why women have so many fender-benders?

All their lives they've been told this
|-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
is 30.48 centimeters.

Point in your favor Inky. ;)

Honestly, if you have a hard time converting back and forth from metric to imperial, you have no business dealing with science or engineering.

Honestly, if you have a hard time converting back and forth from metric to imperial, you have no business dealing with science or engineering.

That doesn't make the conversions or the imperial system any less silly.

A what? :lol:

I know some people within the civil engineering do use imperial systems, to specify the caliber of steel *dunno the word for those things that build the steel structure*. But the only thing they use is inches and just for that. Edit: this stuff

img29.jpg

A what? :lol:

I know some people within the civil engineering do use imperial systems, to specify the caliber of steel *dunno the word for those things that build the steel structure*. But the only thing they use is inches and just for that. Edit: this stuff

img29.jpg

That's rebar Luis. It's for reinforcing concrete structures.

That's rebar Luis. It's for reinforcing concrete structures.

I didn't know the word in english, we call them varillas. Most engineers still ask for rebars in imperial units, "a quarter rebar", "an inch rebar", etc.

standardization, particulalry in a linear sense, always increases productivity.

unless yer in an archaic agrarian economy.

then it don't mean nothing. and you can go back to... whatever....

Back