0bama's Focus on Priorities: 2016 Chicago Olympics

Status
Not open for further replies.
091002obamaolympic350.jpg

October 2, 2009
Obama’s Olympic failure will only add to doubts about his presidency

There has been a growing narrative taking hold about Barack Obama’s presidency in recent weeks: that he is loved by many, but feared by none; that he is full of lofty vision, but is actually achieving nothing with his grandiloquence.

Chicago’s dismal showing today, after Mr Obama’s personal, impassioned last-minute pitch, is a stunning humiliation for this President. It cannot be emphasised enough how this will feed the perception that on the world stage he looks good — but carries no heft.

LondonTimes

obamaapprovalindexoctob.jpg

I can't help it, I must post lies. I can't wait to see tomorrows lie.

I think the pres did a good job of throwing a bad pitch....

so he get's to skate by the left for trying, but we don't have to pay for it.

gotta give credit where credit is due.
otherwise noone can believe anything.

Let me make sure that I've got this straight. It was wrong to try to get the Olympics and it's a bad thing that we didn't? You people are really just constitutionally incapable of making sense, aren't you?

Let me make sure that I've got this straight. It was wrong to try to get the Olympics and it's a bad thing that we didn't? You people are really just constitutionally incapable of making sense, aren't you?

Not that not exactly.

The disdain for Obama grows by the minute, people just don't trust him.

Who was poised to benefit the most, financially, from Chi2016?

I don't think it was fiscally responsible to Really Get it, but there is the foreign relation thing.
I hold it was a good thing we didn't get it, and I also think it was excellent
that our neighbors to the south got it.
I think it will help them get farther along with their development, and they've
been doing pretty dang good there lately.
;)

Obviously what we've been doing for the last 8 years hasn't worked.

Horseshit!

We had them beaten back & subdued to the point of free elections & virtually no violence when they began to pretend they were North Vietnamese. Hit back & cause trouble long enough & we'll bail because our President & our Congress don't have the balls to fully support our troops.

When your Generals ask for more troops, send them instead of heaidng to Denmark.

What CEO or top level politician ever goes into a public situation where the outcome isn't already decided? This made Obama look bad which makes us look bad.

Horseshit!

We had them beaten back & subdued to the point of free elections & virtually no violence when they began to pretend they were North Vietnamese.

Nope, very little progress has been made. The elections have turned into a joke too. Bush wasted too many resources in Iraq and mostly ignored Afghanistan and got things all screwed up.

What circumstances determine when we have won?

I'm not sure why you keep posting your lies when clearly the truth is out there.

The first really just says Chicago didn't get the Olympics and doesn't reflect on Obama.

The second is an opinion piece.

The third says Chicago is disappointed.

The fourth is an opinion piece.

What was the point you were trying to make?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back