@$#^(&

fury

Administrator
Staff member
How do I delete the recent document list out of Word? I deleted a file that I opened in Word but it's still in Word. :tardbang: I couldn't find anywhere in the registry to delete it, nor did right clicking Start and going to Properties, then clearing the recent documents list actually happen to clear the recent documents list in Word.

Why does it matter?

Just open many many documents in word til it gets pushed off the list??? :shrug:

Just open many many documents in word til it gets pushed off the list??? :shrug:
Hey, Nixy! That's the same method I use @ work. At home nobody else uses my computer, so what do I care?

Nixy said:
Why does it matter?

The person having this problem doesn't open many documents in Word, so it won't work unless I create 10 text files with the same contents and view them all, but then they'll want THOSE off the list too. :tardbang:

just make 10 test files called one.txt, two.txt, etc and in each one just put "1" then "2"

I can't see why anyone would have a problem with THAT :shrug: Not like numbers are super secret info

fury said:
The person having this problem doesn't open many documents in Word, so it won't work unless I create 10 text files with the same contents and view them all, but then they'll want THOSE off the list too. :tardbang:
:beerbang:

Was making sure you read the part about "then they'll want THOSE off the list too. :tardbang:" ;)

The only thing I found to work with 98 was TweakUi. So try TweakXP & put the settings to clear history.

fury said:
How do I delete the recent document list out of Word? I deleted a file that I opened in Word but it's still in Word. :tardbang: I couldn't find anywhere in the registry to delete it, nor did right clicking Start and going to Properties, then clearing the recent documents list actually happen to clear the recent documents list in Word.

In WORD...Tools --> Options --> General tab. Uncheck "recently used file list" or change the number to 0.

rrfield

edoit: doh, rrfield got it before I did. :wink2:

On the Tools menu, click Options, and then click the General tab.
In the Recently used file list box, specify the number of recently used files that you want to appear in the New Document task pane.
Click OK.

http://www.microsoft.com/office/using/tips/archives/wordtips.asp

Tried this in XP, works there as well. Set it to 0 and then close and then reset it back to four. It gets rid of everything in there. :)

try just unchecking it and clicking ok.....then go back in.

make sure you click ok....I hit cancel on accident earlier and was trying to figure out why it wasn't working here either. :tardbang:

I suggested that earlier on ICQ

It stops the list form displaying but it is still there. If you disable it then go back in and turn it on 5min laster it shows up again.

Back