20,000 redundancy notices issued as California tanks toward bankruptcy

I'd have to do two things to do that, Spike. First would be to actually give a damn about California, and second, believe for an instant that any published figures bear even the slightest resemblance to reality.

I took classes in high level math, accounting, and am a skilled computer programmer. I sat for 10 minutes with my financial adviser and was lost beyond hope as she took my money, twisted it, flipped it, counted it 4 different ways, borrowed against it, paid back the loan and some how ended up with more money than I'd started with ... after paying off my taxes and adding about $4k to my retirement fund. If she could manipulate numbers so radically ... you expect less from the guys who are actually writing the rules?

I'd have to do two things to do that, Spike. First would be to actually give a damn about California,

You asked the question there didn't you?

and second, believe for an instant that any published figures bear even the slightest resemblance to reality.

You could just go ahead and continue to make up your own reality that doesn't bear the slightest resemblance to actual reality.

I took classes in high level math, accounting, and am a skilled computer programmer. I sat for 10 minutes with my financial adviser and was lost beyond hope as she took my money, twisted it, flipped it, counted it 4 different ways, borrowed against it, paid back the loan and some how ended up with more money than I'd started with ... after paying off my taxes and adding about $4k to my retirement fund. If she could manipulate numbers so radically ... you expect less from the guys who are actually writing the rules?

That is our budget. Whether you take liberties with your taxes or not is pretty much unrelated.

Please don't confuse idle speculation with concerned interest.

As for the rest .... If you want to go on believing what politicians and their employees have to say .....Well, I hear the Golden Gate might be up for sale soon.

And FYI, no liberties were taken. Everything she did was well within the law, as written. I confirmed that with yet another adviser .... who said she was actually pretty conservative. He could have pulled out another couple of grand, but it almost certainly would have triggered an audit. Not that they'd find anything illegal, but simply because the first year of any newly registered business making claims for (insert jargon here) always triggers one.

As I've said before, she stakes her license on every paper she files.

Please don't confuse idle speculation with concerned interest.

I think what happened was I confused a question you wanted to make up your own answer for with one you actually wanted answered.

As for the rest .... If you want to go on believing what politicians and their employees have to say .....Well, I hear the Golden Gate might be up for sale soon.

I don't believe everything they say but I'd much rather go off our actual budget than your speculation.

Please yourself, but answer this (since you've supposedly read the budget) ... do the taxes that are supposedly collected for XXXXX go directly there, or do they all get chucked into a bundle and then parcelled out as they see fit?

That was a bunch of years back when Dio was working for TD waterhouse. They were trying to slack my hours, so I went private ... and then they suddenly found all kinds of work for me and I had to let the private side slide.

That was a bunch of years back when Dio was working for TD waterhouse. They were trying to slack my hours, so I went private ... and then they suddenly found all kinds of work for me and I had to let the private side slide.
I remember the first part...but you'd said 'newly registered' so I figured you'd started something new.

Work slacking off on you again?

It was newly registered ... a bunch of years back.

right now, We're on serious overload. We're replacing 1800 W98 laptops with XP, and adding 1200 new machines. Every field tech employed will have a machine.

XP? Whyever for...they'll have to redo the damn thing when 7 comes out...a double upgrade.
Oh well, at least they didn't choose Vista to upgrade to.

or are they turfing the old machines and buying "new"?

P4s .. three years old, and we're buying the market dry.

The problem isn't us, it's our parent company. We can't advance any faster than they allow us to. It's their interface.

I did offer you the chance to join me.
Please note the sarcasm. I'm happy where I am...I don't think that I'd be happier cleaning up other people's digital messes :D

I *did* play a game of softball with your bosses in order to get an 'in'.

I guess that scoring on them or catching their fly ball wasn't a good idea ;)
*peepwall*

That was about 10 bosses back, sunshine.

Don't worry. Even I can't keep up with that. I've had boss changes complete an in out cycle without ever even meeting the bugger.

P4s .. three years old, and we're buying the market dry.

The problem isn't us, it's our parent company. We can't advance any faster than they allow us to. It's their interface.

Wow, small world. Are you talking about the IBM big iron processors? We are in the process of turning in a bunch of P4s for P6s. Maybe you're getting our old P4s.

That was about 10 bosses back, sunshine.

Don't worry. Even I can't keep up with that. I've had boss changes complete an in out cycle without ever even meeting the bugger.
Jumpin' Jehosephat, Batman!

Talk about a rotating door policy. The current boss is a keeper?

He's a good one .. so naturally they're already posting his job. He's only supposed to be temp anyhow. He was a project manager who got tapped for this post when my last boss got turfed (seems he didn't gel well with ¸his new boss. He took the job on the condition that it was only for 6 months, to get the depts back up and running right .... 7 months ago.

Jumpin' Jehosephat, Batman!

Talk about a rotating door policy. The current boss is a keeper?

Actually, if you stop and think about it ... that was three companies ago too. Groupe MIR, MIR sol tech, Entourage sol tech, bell sol tech.

Back