2009 ...

nalani

We always eat soup on New Years - right at midnight. We may be full from dinner, but you gotta eat your bowl of soup. I dont even know why we do, but I look forward to it every year!

Are the Kana-ros coming? Will Kaipo be making kalamungai soup? (how do you spell that, anyway? LOL)

pc_builder

I might not be in a bar, listening to my uncle's band. Everyone's getting wishy washy on whether they want to pay the cover charge.

catocom

I gave away an xp home license w/disc+book.. to some old friends,
just now getting into computers, and didn't fully understand today's
consequences for running xp unlicensed.:swing:

originally brought in for virus cleaning....it had 42.:p

catocom

considered the same as receiving stolen goods +...

Max...$250,000, and up to 10 years prison...per offense.

edit: you have a better chance of winning the lottery, than Not getting caught....
If you have a stationary home.....

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
You're more likely to get caught running pirated XP than you are to win the lottery? Lovely.

Good thing I have a mac...and live in Canada.

catocom

You're more likely to get caught running pirated XP than you are to win the lottery? Lovely.

Good thing I have a mac...and live in Canada.

only if you are running one.

a person could get by a while, but forget the updates, and security...

catocom

I'm too well known anyway too though. Thorough IP.
I've registered several hundred Licenses.

Inkara1

I'm still annoyed that MS keeps wanting me to update my "Windows Genuine Advantage Notification." It'll bug me if it somehow thinks my Windows (which I did pay for) isn't genuine... meanwhile, the Chinese are stealing billions of dollars every year from Microsoft and others by selling bogus software on the street for like $5 and nothing's being done about that.

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
I tried to install MSN earlier today on my mom's legitimate install of XP Home (I used the system recovery CDs that came with my old laptop to make it all fresh and new before giving it to her). Let me tell you, that was a pain in the ass. It wouldn't let me run an old version of MSN but because she doesn't have SP2 it wouldn't let me install the newest version...WTF. Everything about her OS is legit yet I had to tell MSN 6.2 to run in windows 2K compatibility mode to make it work.

Should she have SP2? Probably. Do I know how to DL SP2 for her? No. Did I have time to figure it out? No.